NIGHT MARKET

"Pound it!"

Chat Noir looked at his beeping ring and gave Ladybug a two fingered salute and a flirty goodbye ("See you in my dreams, my lady") before leaping off into an alley way, just in time for his transformation to wear off. Plagg groaned as he flopped on Adrien's hands. "Cheese..."

Adrien patted his pockets, but then came back empty. He grinned apologetically at his kwami. "Sorry, Plagg. I forgot to bring extra."

"The horror! I'm going to die! I feel my life ebbing away!" Plagg gasped as he moaned and rolled around on his palms. "Goodbye my precious camembert...I will miss you dearly...Say sayonara from me to all your cheese relatives and Tikki too..."

The young boy rolled his eyes at his dramatics and tucked him back in his pocket. "You'll last ten minutes without your cheese."

Ignoring his kwami's protests, Adrien stepped out of the alleyway to head home. Just as he was about to turn at a corner, he bumped into his classmate. She flailed and almost stepped out into the streets and in the way of a speeding car, when Adrien grabbed her arm and pulled her in.

"I am so sorry, Marinette! I wasn't looking where I was going!" Adrien apologized a great deal, his heart beating wildly in his chest. "Are you okay?! No broken bones?! You're not hurt right?! I almost killed you! Sorry!"

Marinette blinked in surprise. This was...different. And then she laughed. Adrien gave her a funny look, not amused at the almost disaster that he caused. Marinette giggled. "I-I'm okay."

"But-"

"It's alright, Adrien." Marinette said. "I'm okay, no broken bones."

He gave her a skeptical look, looking at her up and down, making sure she really meant it. Finally finding what he was searching for, he sighed in relief. He smiled guiltily. "I'm so sorry."

"That's okay." Marinette said happily. Adrien looked around and he spotted a cluster of booths and tents off at the park. He turned to her and said, "Let me make it up to you. As an apology."

Marinette gave him a questioning gaze with a tilt of her head that sent his heart skipping a beat. Taking her hand, he pulled her towards the night market.

They passed through the iron gates of the park and inside where sparkling white fairy lights dangled around the trees, while booths selling different merchandises scattered around the compound. The smell of food wafted around the cool air, giving off the impression of a cloud that enveloped the whole market.

"Well then, where do you want to start?" Adrien asked her. Her eyes sparkled as she drank the image in front of her. Then, she spotted a fabrics booth and dragged him towards it. He stumbled after her, a chuckle escaping from him.

"Look at this collection!" Marinette gushed as she felt the materials and tilted them in the light, checking out how it shimmered around in her hands. Both Adrien and the saleswoman watched her in amusement as she went on a tirade of what she could make with several of the patterns and colors combined. Grabbing several rolls of fabric, she handed them to the seller. "I would like to buy these!"

Just as Marinette was about to take out her wallet, Adrien pulled out his and handed the saleswoman the payment. Marinette stared at him in shock, her cheeks red. "Adrien! You didn't have to!"

"I want to." Adrien said with a smile as he took his change and picked up the bag containing the materials inside. "Think of it as an apology."

"T-thank you." His smile grew wider as she turned an even darker shade of red. She was cute – ahem.

"So, where else do you want to go to?" He asked her.

"I want to see everything." She blurted out and then clapped her hands on her mouth, staring at him with wide eyes. "S-Sorry! You'll think I'm-"