TIME TRAVEL

"Chat, there's no time to play around!" Ladybug shouted as she countered the heavily designed sword of the akuma villain before zipping away and landing on the rooftop.

"Give me a minute!"

Chat Noir got up from the pile of rubble and shook his head, dust flying away from his golden locks. Grabbing his baton, he rushed towards the akuma villain, wielding his weapon like a sword.

Their weapons clashed, sending bright sparks around as Chat Noir and Tony the Clock fought. The cat superhero said, "You know, you really tick me off."

Tony glared at him and countered back, "Well, if you hadn't ripped my notepad, then you wouldn't have to watch out for this."

Just as Ladybug was about to sneak behind Tony the Clock and stop him, Tony lunged and his sword clock handle stabbed through Chat Noir's stomach.

All of them stared in horror as numbers whirled around the wound. He locked eyes with Ladybug before winking out of sight.

"CHAT NOIR!"

Chat Noir opened his eyes.

He looked down at himself and touched the area around his stomach. "I'm not dead."

He whirled around, confused. He was still at the same place where he had fought Tony the Clock with Ladybug, but now, there was no sign of akuma attacks. Everything was normal...except...it wasn't.

The ice cream parlor that was supposed to be at the corner of the street was gone, in its place, a barber shop. The park was under construction as well. What was the most off-putting was, instead of people smiling and asking for autographs, he was given strange looks and parents pulled their children away from him.

"Kitty?"

Chat Noir turned around. Seeing no one at his eye-level, he glanced down and saw the largest, most innocent, blue eyes of Marinette. Or a ten-year-old Marinette, that is.

And the matter of the situation finally clicked in place. He had travelled back in time.

"Marinette?!" He accidentally blurted out. Both their eyes widened.

"How do you know my name?" Marinette asked, slowly backing away. "Who are you?"

Oh crap. This is what all the time-travelling movies told me never to do. He thought. Chat Noir then said, "Calm down. It's okay. I'm not a bad guy or anything. I am a superhero, here to destroy evil! My name is Chat Noir."

"Chat Noir." Marinette rolled the name around her mouth, and he found it cute how her voice still had a little high pitch to it. She looked at him, a certain gleam in her eye and said, "If you're here to destroy evil, can you destroy Chloé?"

Chat Noir blinked. "Wait, what?"

"She's evil. She always bullies me and everyone else." Marinette growled, her fists clenching on her sides.

He suppressed the urge to laugh. Who knew Marinette had such evil thoughts for a young kid. "You should just ignore her, don't let her get to you. I can't destroy Chloé, but I can certainly buy you ice cream."

Marinette's eyes lit up. "Fair enough."

Just as he was about to lead her to an ice cream parlor (that he hoped was still there), he remembered it was strange to see a person in a leather cat suit in broad daylight before Chat Noir and Ladybug happened. Chat Noir dragged her behind a hidden alleyway (because that's totally not suspicious) and said to her, "Keep this a secret, okay, princess?"

Marinette zipped her lips and watched in awe as the transformation was released and Chat Noir turned back into Adrien. Plagg zipped out and landed wearily on Adrien's hands. Marinette was about to touch him, but the kwami said, "No touchy, missy."