VANISHER

Some BTS(back stage scenes, not... the kpop BTS) for the canon episode Vanisher

A/N: I would like to point out before we begin that yes, this story does assume that Mr. Agreste is not Hawkmoth.

There were times when Hawkmoth wished that he could take the time to plan out his supervillains a bit better. The window of time when emotions were high enough to take advantage of sometimes was short, so his planning time was as well. More than once he had only managed to possess a person a fraction of a second before they would have controlled their emotions enough to drive his akuma away. Those supervillains were always the weakest. Too much of their civilian personality showed through and they got distracted.

Horrificator was the perfect example, of course. He still couldn't believe that she had been taken down by as lame of a song as Smelly Wolf and that she had gone and hopped up in her boyfriend's arms like some sort of terrified kitten once she shrunk.

There were his little regrets, of course. The supervillain outfit designs gaudy enough to make even a color-blind kindergartener flinch. The villain weaknesses that slowed them down and left them vulnerable. The ones whose fighting skills didn't match up at all with the powers he gave them, leaving them wide open to defeat.

Worst were the ones that got so distracted by their powers or so focused on getting their revenge that they totally forgot about what they were supposed to be doing for him. Thankfully, as of late, Hawkmoth had discovered that he could prod people in the right direction. The embarrassing akumas fell under this as well, like the time Hawkmoth had created an akuma while more than a little tipsy, resulting in an artist-based akuma who ended up with tools she wasn't used to (a brush instead of digital art) and with the un-detachable tablet on her dominant arm.

(Thoughts of that fight still made him cringe.)

Nooroo hadn't told him he could cause people pain by partially revoking their powers or remotely constricting their suit. Ever since he announced his less-than-stellar intentions, the butterfly kwami had been a lot less forthcoming with information.

The absolute worst of the worst was when he didn't think through their powers enough and it nearly backfired on him. Animan lacked opposable thumbs and tried to eat Ladybug (and her earrings). Timebreaker nearly destroyed Chat Noir's Miraculous. Reflecta inadvertently made Chat Noir's Miraculous safer by turning him into a copy of herself. Both of them had powers that were essentially useless for fighting and subduing the superheroes.

Then there were the ones that put him in danger. It had been a close shave with the Black Knight, when the knight's black column of minion-creating doom slammed down barely half a block in front of his lair. Any closer and he would have been turned into a sword wielding minion. He was incredibly lucky that his secret villain lair was so far on the outskirts of the city.

Princess Fragrance was much more of a close call. Her powers had been a bad idea from the start. He knew that he hated perfumes and scents with a passion, but he had assumed that he wouldn't have to smell it. After all, she was halfway across the city.

Things went well at first. Princess Fragrance was taking control of people left and right, and it wasn't long before she had managed to get Chat Noir under her hold. Hawkmoth got a little alarmed by the whole marriage under mind control thing, but he was fairly certain that it wasn't going to be legally binding.

Fairly certain. Maybe. Hopefully. He didn't care.

And then Princess Fragrance decided to try to entrap the entire city with her heavily scented perfume. Hawkmoth watched eagerly, practically bouncing (but that would be unfitting of a master supervillain) in anticipation of getting the Miraculous... and then the pink vapor started floating closer to his lair. He sniffed once, twice.