TEACHERS - 2/3

Part 2 in the "Finding Out" series

Marinette sucked in a deep breath as she leaned against the bathroom stall. Tikki hovered in front of her. "I can't do this."

"Yes you can, Marinette!" Tikki said, hovering in front of her face. "Miss Bustier is nice! She'll help you. No one wants to make Lady Luck's life harder!"

"Isn't it dangerous, though? To have people know who I am?" Even if her parents already knew, actually telling someone about her superhero identity was, well, terrifying.

"Yes, but Miss Bustier already got akumatized, so it's not going to happen again," Tikki said eagerly. "And she can get the other teacher to go easier on you! If you or your parents asked for a bit of lenity, they wouldn't listen. But another teacher can just say that there's personal circumstances and they don't need any more information."

"Okay. I trust you, Tikki." Marinette took a deep breath. "Transform me!"

Moments later, Ladybug shot out of the bathroom and up to Miss Bustier's room. Since it was Friday, the building was empty and there was no one to see the red superhero land in front of Miss Bustier's classroom door and enter.

"You wanted to see me, Miss Bustier?" Ladybug asked, closing the door behind her. Her teacher sat at her desk, correcting tests with her back to the door.

"Yes, Marinette, you've been missing class more and more often, and today was the last straw." Miss Bustier finished the page she was on and started to turn, her voice stern. "You missed a test, and there's no possible excuse for-"

Pause.

"Surprise?" Ladybug offered up weakly.

Miss Bustier was frozen. "Marinette?"

"Yeah." With a flash, she transformed back, trying hard not to bite her lip. She didn't entirely succeed. "There was an attack, and I couldn't finish it up in time."

"Well, I... I suppose saving the city is a good excuse for missing class." Miss Bustier slumped back into her chair. "Wow. I wasn't expecting that, but it does make a lot of sense. Wow. Okay. Yes."

Marinette watched nervously as Miss Bustier processed the new information. There was a lot of blank staring going on. Blank staring was probably not good.

"Please don't tell anyone," Marinette begged. "It's really dangerous for me if a lot of people know."

"Yes, of course." Miss Bustier suddenly frowned. "That video you showed Alya, where your family was watching Ladybug?"

"Pre-recorded voices that my parents played while doing the filming."

The teacher gave out a sudden snort. "I can't say that you're not creative. That probably threw the entire city off of your scent." She let out a long sigh. "Okay. So I stand corrected- you did have a good excuse for missing things. If you feel ready, you can take the exam now."

Marinette nodded. "Okay. I- just let my heart stop racing, I was so nervous about the whole reveal thing."

Miss Bustier laughed. "Of course. Take as long as you need. I... will brainstorm how we can deal with your missing class while you do that, because I'm not going to penalize you for saving the city."

Marinette nodded and sat down in her normal seat, pulling out her pencil. Tikki was right. With Miss Bustier on her side, at least a couple of her classes were going to be a whole lot less stressful.

An hour later, Marinette handed the test in. She felt that it had gone really well, Lady Luck's luck (and her own studying) swooping in again. Miss Bustier smiled as she took the test and scanned the first couple answers.