special chapter: time

Rubbing her temples, Yujin heaved a very deep sigh as she leaned back to her swivel chair, and good lord, she could feel her back bone cracking a bit. It felt stiff after sitting there on her chair for five hours straight — like literally. She didn't even stand up even just for a few seconds to stretch. She was way too engrossed in the paperworks and her computer screen, eager to finish them all up so she could go home. And now, it was taking a toll on her body.

When she stood up, her vision went black and hazy for a few moments, and Yujin clutched her desk like her life depended on it until her vision turned to normal again. Her head was pounding, and aching badly, her eyes were so heavy — and her throat was dried, plus, her whole body was almost numb from the soreness. But it wasn't anything new to Ahn Yujin after she claimed the CEO position from her father two years ago.

Yes, her father finally passed the position to her after years of being the COO, and training, and getting enough experiences for her to be redeemed worthy of being the next CEO of the Ahn Inc. She was just appointed two years ago, and was just entering her and Minjoo's fourth year of marriage at that time.

A smile slowly crept up on her lips when she thought of her beautiful wife who was probably waiting for her at home, patiently. Minjoo had been a supportive, understanding wife, of course. Even when they were still girlfriends, she remained almost the same — still the patient, loving, soft-spoken, and kind Kim Minjoo. She knew that Yujin would take over their family's company soon, and she understood that clearly, not throwing a fit whenever Yujin got home late after working. But still, she shouldn't abuse that — Yujin wanted to be a responsible wife, and a mother, too.

Yes again, she was finally a mother of one cute six-year-old little child named Yumin who she and Minjoo decided to adopt after visiting a few orphanages when they were donating. Little Yumin was a smart, kind, and bright kid. She caught the couple's attention before, and they instantly became fond of the kid. It didn't take long for Minjoo and Yujin to adopt her after visiting her quite a few times because the kid started to fill a soft spot in their hearts. And now, Yumin had already been living with them for three years now.

Well, after all, both Minjoo and her wanted a child too, of course. They talked about adopting a kid in the near future, and Yumin was the fated one for them. They treated the child as their own. Minjoo even quitted her job as a model so she could be a full-time mother, and house wife, and just recently, she started to take a few modelling gigs after Yumin started to understand that her parents wanted to work, and that was all for her, so they could give her the toys she wanted.

Yujin disagreed at first since she was literally the CEO already, and she was earning more than enough to afford such a luxurious life for her, and their kid but she also knew Minjoo would be restless so she just let her do whatever that made her happy. She was just afraid Yumin would be lonely, and sad that the both of them wouldn't be around the house often. Yujin was always absent and always going home late, and she knew that Yumin was a little bit upset over that fact sometimes because she couldn't spend much time with her but Yujin couldn't do much with it, it was the nature of her work.

Of course she felt bad. She also knew that Minjoo was getting upset that she was going home later than usual, but she tried her best to understand that the company was facing a problem, and Yujin needed to do a lot of things to fix it. She just really hoped that one day, her wife wouldn't snap at her because she was afraid that if Minjoo finally vocally expressed that she was very angry to the fact that Yujin was prioritizing work than her family for the last few months — Yujin might really step down because goodness, she loved her family much more!

And so, Yujin was always hurrying to do her work for that day because she wanted to spend, even just a short time with her family. She felt like Yumin was slightly drifting apart already because whenever Yujin got home, the kid was already sleeping — and of course, Yujin didn't have the heart to wake her up just to tell her that she was home even though the kid herself would ask Minjoo or her nanny to wake her up once her mother ever reached home.