five: past & future

"Are you ready for your wedding?" Minjoo asked, slightly tilting her head to the side to look at Yuri while smiling teasingly at her.

Yuri blushed, sighing. "Super nervous yet so excited, I'll finally tie the knot with that duck. It's my long dream, it felt so surreal that it'll happen in three days." She replied, resting her head on the table gently. The brunette chuckled, sipping on her frappe as she stared lovingly at her friend.

"I'm so happy for you, Yuri-ah," She suddenly said, her tone was so soft and it almost made Yuri go emotional. "Tss. Don't make me cry right here, I'm saving my tears for my wedding!" The blonde huffed as she tried to hold back her tears making Minjoo chuckle. "I'm just really happy for you, that's it!" She chirped.

Weeks have passed after their outfit fitting, and in three days Yuri and Yena will finally tie down the knot, both couples are so excited about it that they didn't even manage to sleep every night.

The two friends are currently hanging out at the café where Sakura works as a barista and manager. The main and popular branch of O'My Café.

They decided to meet up since Minjoo went home early, her boss is suddenly in a good mood and let her have a half-day while Yuri, she doesn't really know what to do since she's on a break on her job— well, she can go back anytime since she's the boss of herself, she's an independent music composer/producer. However, her fiancé can't entertain her because the duck is a busy woman, she's trying to finish all of her works and even advanced everything, also trying to finish the projects that are not really required to be finished this month because she and Yuri will go for a honeymoon trip at Hawaii for a week then enjoy her married life for another three weeks before she goes back to work— she doesn't want everything to pile up then work on it hastily after her break.

"Well, how are you, by the way? It's been a while since we talked alone." Yuri started as she stirred her iced tea with the straw, eyeing her brunette friend. Minjoo smiled weakly. "Same old. There's nothing interesting happening at my office, only Chaewon being a little bit sweet towards me, if that counts. The boss is still making it hard for me. It's a shock he let me leave very early today after I passed my papers, probably impressed." She explained, taking a bite of her ham sandwich.

Yuri chuckled. "So, how's being near your ex-girlfriend?" She dropped the bomb, making the brunette frown. "Huh? What do you mean? We're okay now." She answered, gaze darting on the shining wooden table. Actually, she's having a little bit of a hard time when the squad meets, and being around Yujin although they already talked it out. She's still awkward and always keeps reminiscing about their memories even if it's not really necessary.

Like weeks ago in the outfit fitting, she almost cried while looking at Yuri who's smiling ear to ear while wearing her glorious gown with Yena on her side, holding her hand and eyes looking very in love— not because she's happy for the couple (she's happy for them of course) but because of those past memories and unforgotten but broken promises they made while they were in each other's arms.

She thought she'll have inner peace after years of suffering but the past often haunts her every time, and it honestly scares her— she thought when she finally met Yujin and resolved things with her, the past will finally stop forcing itself on her but what's happening is quite the opposite— past memories, good or bad, will play into her mind whenever something triggers or reminds her of the past— of a particular blue haired woman.

Her fists clenched under the table, on top of her lap, gritting her teeth a bit.

Yuri noticed how tense Minjoo was and sighed. "You still haven't found inner peace, have you?" She asked, squinting her eyes a bit.

Minjoo gulped. "I have," She breathed.

"Lie to me all you want, but I can see through you, Minjoo." The blonde hissed at her, her brows furrowing into a deep frown. "Don't insist, you know yourself very well too, don't deny," She added.