six: realization

Minjoo calmly watched her friend who's sitting at the chair in front of a big mirror, two hairdressers are fixing her blonde hair.

She smiled unconsciously, especially when she saw Yuri heaving a sigh every minute passes, her perfectly shaped brows are furrowed while having a worried expression and tensed shoulders. The blonde already finished on her make-up just a little while after and is only dressed in a simple wide shirt, she decided to wear the wedding gown after her hair and make-up were done.

Finally, Yuri and Yena's big day is happening. The couple was so nervous yet very much excited to marry and finally spent their lives until their last breaths as official wives.

Yesterday, the couple decided not to see each other for a day, leaving Yuri to Minjoo, Sakura, and Eunbi and the four spent their day on the rooftop of Yuri's parents' house while happily conversing and teasing Yuri relentlessly about being an official wife to Yena starting tomorrow, which is today— they only drank iced teas and coffees, avoiding alcoholic liquors as much as possible because they don't want to look like zombies at the wedding. They spent their time until ten pm. Meanwhile, the other idiots drank happily and even cried their hearts out that their bro will be going to get married to her soulmate— Hyewon sobbed the loudest, even clinging to Yena the whole night. Yujin recorded it all, perks of having a high alcohol tolerance.

Chaeyeon even playfully suggested that they should hire a stripper or go to the club to have some fun, and let Yena enjoy the last day of her being a non-married woman but backed out immediately when they imagined the wrath of their girlfriends once they learned about that and decided to throw the idea off especially Yena, she literally paled at the suggestion, she doesn't want Yuri to cancel the wedding off on its exact day or run away.

They decided to spend the night happily talking about their lives at Yena's house's balcony while drinking beer and soju.

Minjoo can't help but to tear up when Yuri finally started to wear her dress in front of her while Sakura teased her but wiped her tears away. She's just very emotional and happy, she can still remember how she and Yena always bicker back then, they're really meant to be. Now, she will witness them exchange vows and rings later.

With an embarrassed expression, she went to the make-up artist to ask her for a retouch of her ruined make-up.

"You do know that Yujin is your partner for today, right?" Eunbi asked her as she stayed still in the chair, a makeup artist reapplying foundation on her cheeks. Yuri and Yena wanted the original partners of their group which are: Chaeyeon and Sakura, Hyewon and Eunbi, and of course, Minjoo and Yujin— she doesn't actually mind. She would just walk with the taller woman until the third row of the aisle and go to Chaewon who's also going to attend.

Speaking of Chaewon, the latter said she'll be at the venue soon with Hitomi, who's also invited by Yena— she said that she's also friends with Minjoo's friends.

Yuri's finally done wearing her gown, shining brightly. She took a deep breath as she bent a bit, letting the hairdresser put the veil for her. She looked at her parents who're also tearing up by looking at their daughter, then to her closest friends.

She's so happy that she wanted to cry and burst, but she doesn't want to ruin her make-up so she just smiled very big at them, trying to reassure them. She suddenly thought of her duck, what must Yena be doing in her room right now? There are many possibilities, she just smiled at her thoughts instead, shaking her head.

Meanwhile, Yena is a nervous-wreck, she wanted to throw up badly. She's pacing back and forth while biting down her thumbnail anxiously and Yujin is already dizzy. Hyewon just snorted while Chaeyeon kept taking pictures beside the blue haired woman.