two: blueberry

The sound of an alarm echoing around the quiet room woke Minjoo up.

The brunette slowly fluttered her eyes open, turning off her alarm, not moving for a few seconds before slowly sitting up with a soft groan, stretching her stiff muscles then sighed when her body felt lighter.

It's not just any other day today. Today, Yujin will come home here to Seoul from London after graduating and getting her degree in Business Ad. Minjoo is having mixed feelings at the thought of meeting her ex-girlfriend after four years of not seeing or contacting each other. But Minjoo stayed positive, she's confident enough to say she moved on already after their horrible break-up and would try her best not to be awkward around her since before they got into a romantic relationship, they were best friends.

She sighed, ruffling her disheveled hair before getting up on her feet, wearing her fluffy slippers before striding towards the bathroom to wash up. It's just seven in the morning so she took her time to wash up properly and she's on a leave today since Yena forced her to— she even personally asked Chaewon at the office two days ago because she doesn't want her to worry about her future-girlfriend and even invited the head manager to her and Yuri's wedding. The head manager didn't seem to mind it, Yena and Chaewon knew each other and also, the duck and her boss are acquaintances so the one day leave is not a problem at all. Perks of leading a successful clothing line, connections, and powers everywhere.

Yujin will be fetched later at lunch at the airport with the squad, courtesy of Yena, and go straight to her and Yuri's house for the welcome party, only exclusively for the IZ Cool Squad only. Yes, it's their squad's name, and yes, they were such losers back then.

Her heart then started to drum furiously at the thought of her ex again. She's just curious about how she currently looks like and her changes, is she still the idiotic Ahn Yujin? The childish and playful Ahn Yujin? Did she grow up taller than she was before? Is her hair still brown and short?

Is she the same Ahn Yujin that Minjoo loved for years?

Minjoo shook her head harshly, trying to shake off the crazy thoughts, and sighed, splashing water over her face, waking her up completely before wiping her wet face with a towel then stared at her own reflection.

"Stop it, Minjoo... The moment you guys finally have closure after long years, you'll finally feel light and peaceful." She whispered under her breath then hung her head low, sighing.

"Let's meet in Seoul next month, then?" A person with a cute height said, looking up to stare at her friend who's taller than her by almost 20cm.

The taller one grinned, patting her head. "Sure, Nako." She replied, giggling as Nako hissed at her, slapping her hand off away from her head, annoyed and sulking that her friend is making fun of her adorable height again.

Chuckling, the taller one walked across her room and dragged her luggage and bags outside the apartment, making sure she locked it before walking off with Nako to the elevator, to the ground floor.

"Are you sure you're ready to meet her?" Nako muttered when silence took over them at the elevator. Silence answered her. But when the elevator dings and opened, she saw the other smiled at her, confident and cocky.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?" She asked, mock lacing her tone as they walked off the elevator and exited the apartment complex, spotting the taxi waiting for her. Nako helped put the luggage in the trunk with the driver's support as she checked her vulnerable things inside her backpack.

Nako walked in front of her and gave her an accusing look. "Very well then, seems like you completely moved on from her then," She said, chuckling. "Ahn Yujin."