Chapter Twelve

Aurora shut the window quietly behind her after she snook back into her bedroom.. She smiled to herself remembering the night she spent with Sunshine, as she likes to call him now. She turned around only to stop dead in her tracks to see Alaric sitting up on her bed, legs crossed as he peacefully read one of her books.

"You're making it hard for me to lie for you" He said, not once looking up from the book to glance at her. He heard her sneak out earlier that night, and made sure to stay awake to defend her if one of their brothers noticed her absence in her room. He knew where she was going, he hadn't an issue with it because he had a guard of his own looking out for her, unknownst to both her and their brothers. It's not that she didn't trust this guy she was seeing.. but it was that he didn't trust this guy she was seeing, not to mention all the murders currently happening in the area.

Aurora scowled at him. She marched over and snatched her copy of "The Shadow Between Us" from his hands. "You aren't gonna do much lying with your nose in an enemies to lovers trope" She said as she put the book back on the bookshelf.

"Is it necessary to be out 'til all hours of the night?" Alaric asked, ignoring her comment. He folded his hands behind his head as he watched her curiously. Aurora turned around to look at him with a sheepish grin.

"What can I say, that boy can go for hours" She exasperated. Alarics face remained placid, knowing her antics by now. "You aren't as fun as Sunshine" Aurora huffed once she realised she wasn't gonna get a reaction from him.

"Don't be out so late next time" He grunted, standing up from her bed and began walking towards the door. Aurora mocked him behind his back as she watched him leave. Alaric didn't have to look behind him to know what she was doing, but he paid her no mind. He just wanted to warn her and that was it, as if he didn't crave the relationship they once had.

~*~

The triplets were in school the following day, eating lunch in the canteen for a change. Ever since the first day when they ate in the canteen and caught the attention of the entire school, they had decided that maybe it was best to eat I the library from now on. Today, however, there was some literature talk going on in there so it was unfortunately unavailable. Things hadn't changed since the first day. Although they hadn't intentionally drew attention to themselves, their mere presence demanded attention. They weren't entirely fazed by it either though.

"I have to admit, one positive thing about American High Schools is definitely Pizza day. Whoever came up with that idea, is indeed a genius" Axel stated, munching away on the big slice of pizza in his hands. Atlas looked at his brother in displeasure at his lack of table manors.

"That, and hot jocks" Aurora grinned as she looked at the table of football players throwing looks her way. She winked at them flirtatiously before turning back to meet Atlas's stare of displeasure also. She shrugged her shoulders and stuck another fry in her mouth.

"Hey guys" The three siblings stopped what they were doing to look at the boy who had just approached their table. He was wearing a varsity jacket, sporting the school colours so it became apparent to them that he was a jock. The boy had messy brown hair and strong, sharp features, not taking into consideration his warm brown eyes. They had seen him around, recognising him as one of the 'populars' in the school. He was captain of the football team, Chase Black.

"Hello" Aurora smiled politely at the guy. Chase smiled back, slightly more confident than he was before. Admittedly, he was very nervous about approaching the three, despite being in the school for a week, they hadn't really interacted with many people. They spoke to some people in class when they had to be partnered up, and were supposedly very nice, however it didn't make them any less intimidating.