Chapter Three

You'd think being out alone on the bad side of town would be scary. And it was. Just not if your signiture look was a black hood. Synn Reeds sat on the bridge that connected both sides of the town. A small river separating the society with its dull water. Looking straight ahead, then moon was visible high in the sky, endless stars dancing around it, celebrating its light.

He didn't know when this had become a part of his routine. He just knew he wouldn't fall asleep unless he sat here earlier that night. The old sound was the steady ripples of the water below his feet that hung over the bridge. He savoured the peace it brought him, the steady flow of a heart beat.

Suddenly he heard a continuous string muffled mumbling. He tensed instantly and dropped his head to look at the water beneath his feet as he listened tentively to the sound.

"Fucking gowls. I'd like to give him a bleedin' batin'. Can you even imagine someone thinking they can look down my top... without paying for it?!" He furrowed his eyebrows at the voice. It spoke so fast he could barely make out what it said, but what he could make out, he didn't understand anyway. One thing he did know was that it was a females voice he turned his head in the direction of the voice that continued to spit hail Mary. He watched behind his hood as a dark figure approached him. Dressed in a oversized hoodie and sweatpants, it didn't look like a girl. Deciding it was best to ignore the girl, he turned back and looked down again.

Until he felt a sharp pain in his side and a loud thud. His head snapped to the side to see the girl on the floor beside him, grimacing slightly as she rubbed her palms. She looked up to find the culprit of her fall only to see a hooded figure sitting in front of her. Synn tensed as he realised he caught her attention. She stared for a moment before a wide grin spread across her face.

"Look! We're twinning!" She yelled happily as she gestured to their matching black hoodies. He frowned at her enthusiasm over something so stupid. He couldn't make out the girls features very well, with only the moon as a source of light. He could however catch her mesmerising eyes. One a crystal blue and the other a sparkling gold. He chose to ignore the girl and look ahead of him.

"Well aren't you just a ball of sunshine" She said sarcastically as she sat on her knees. She patiently waited for a reply but when she didn't get one, she frowned deeply. She wasn't used to being ignored, people usually jumped to speak to her, especially boys.

"I'm Aurora. How bout you?" She tried again. Synn clenched his jaw. He didn't like interactions with people and usually he didn't have to deal with it, seeing as people chose to ignore him. She, however, did anything but.

Aurora huffed and folded her arms."Sunshine is it so" She muttered sarcastically. She began to get agitated sitting in silence. It was rarely quiet with Atlas and Axel with her. She didn't really know what to do or how to react. Instead she just stared at the guy in front of her.

The logic part of her knew how sketchy this guy looked. But she was also dresses the exact same way, so she couldn't necessarily judge him. The hood he wore covered his face which only intrigued her more. Everything about him seemed to intrigue her. He was different to anyone she had ever met, any guy she ever met. But then there's always the possibility that this lad is like fifity years older than her.

"Are you like, seventy?" She blurted, needing to put an answer to her question. Synn was starting to get more and more anxious around her. He tried to concentrate on his breathing, seeing as the last thing he wanted was to have a full anxiety attack in front of her. She'd probably just walk away. Even though that's what he would prefer, the insrcure part of him knew it would be embarrassing.