Chapter Thirty-Nine

Synn sat in front of Auroras bedroom door. He walked her up to bed after a bit and made sure she got in okay. He didn't want to go to bed yet as the King brothers still weren't home. It was nearing four in the morning at this stage. It didn't feel right to go to bed while the house was practically empty, however. He felt as if she wasn't safe. Besides, it's not like he would be able to sleep anyway. His mind kept replaying their kiss. God forbid he never thought he'd say that. Now that he was left alone to his own thoughts, he felt utterly torn.

He felt foolish. Vulnerable. He dragged his hands down his face. Why would he kiss her? Hes never even kissed a girl before, unless Katie Saunders from 2nd grade counts in their game of spin the bottle. He didn't know what he was doing, all he knew was how he felt in the moment. And he felt he wanted to kiss her. It wasn't awkward, like he expected it to be. But would it be awkward tomorrow? What would happen if one of her brothers found out? He would be killed. Literally. He could have really fucked up everything. However, at the same time, he wouldn't take it back. He would do it again. And again. And ag-

"You're still up" Synn looked up quickly to see Atlas and Axel standing in front of him. He don't know which one of them spoke. Synn stood up and nodded his head. He scanned them head to toe, silently noting the dried blood stains that covered their clothing. He didn't comment on it however, but a sense of satisfaction overwhelmed him.

"Yes, I didn't want to rest until yall came home" Synn replied with his usual monotone voice. Axel and Atlas shared a look.

"Is she okay?" Atlas then asked, gesturing to Auroras door. Synn too glanced behind him at the door, behind it lying the girl that clouded his every waking thought.

"Yeah, she's fine" He nodded. He paused before speaking. "I didnt say anything to her, but I'm nearly sure she knows what ye were up to tonight. She's no fool" Synn told them straight up. The boys grimaced.

"We knew she would, she always knows, and if she didn't know now, she'd be able to tell by us tomorrow" Axel said knowingly. Atlas agreed with a chuckle. Synn pursed his lips and nodded his head.

"Well, I think I'll head then" Synn said, stuffing his hands u to his pockets and brushed past the two boys.

"Beau" Atlas called. Axel looked at him. He knew what he was going to say. Both of them seen a slight change in Aurora ever since he had come. They weren't sure about him - still fully aren't - but theywbere sure that Aurora felt safe when he eas around. Synn turned around and looked at him too.

"Thank you" He said appreciatively. Synn paused for a moment before nodding his head once in acknowledgement. He glanced at Axel to see he had turned to look at him too, he shared the same look as Atlas. Honestly, it just made him feel more guilty about having kissed their little sister just hours before. He simply turned around and began walking to his own room. As he did, Alaric was coming up the stairs. He had his head down, rubbing his hands into his pants that were both covered in blood. He looked like he had bathed in blood however, worse than the two boys. Alaric looked up and caught Synns eye. He paused at the top of the stairs while Synn continued walking. Synn smirked slightly at his state, causing Alaric to smirk back. Synn shook his head as he walked past and entered his room, finally.

Synn didn't go to bed however. He washed off the makeup on his face and when he came out, he seen his phone lighting up on the bed. He stood over at it, looking at the screen reading 'No Caller ID' and grew suspicious. He picked up the phone, his thumb hovering over the answer button for a moment before he answer it and held it up to his ear.

"Why is he still alive?" A condescending voice sounded on the other end of the phone. Synns body tensed, recognising the voice instantly. He sat down on the bed, resting forward on his elbows on top of his knees.