Chapter Twenty

Credits to _IwRiTeBoOkS_262 for this chapter idea, thanks a mil! xo

~*~

"And then I grabbed his big machete and pointed it at him and said 'you better run now while you still got the chance, or ima slice ya up like a turkey on Christmas'" Aurora finished, panting heavily after her animated re-enaction of what happened Tuesday night. Synn was sitting on the edge of the bridge, staring at her all too amused at the bullshit she just spilled. He didn't say anything, just stayed silent.

"Don't look at me like that" Aurora scolded sitting back down in front of him, her legs in a basket.

"You have no idea what way I'm looking at you" Synn said nonchalantly.

"I can feel it"

"What do you feel"

"You think I'm lying"

"I never said that"

"No, but you're thinking it"

"No, I just think you're crazy"

"Same thing"

"Not really"

"Asshole" Aurora huffed, shoving Synn, though he didn't move at all. Synn looked down at his arm, where she shoved him then back up at her. They were both thinking the same thing now.

"That was pathetic" Synn said bluntly. Auroras jaw dropped and she shook her head.

"Its not my fault you're built like a fucking rhinoceros on crack" She huffed, once again. Synn shook his head at the random reference and stood up, placing the books in his lap to the side.

"Hit me" He said, looking down at Aurora who simply stared up at him. She furrowed her eyebrows and bit her lip in confusion. The gesture made Synns heart skip a beat, he had to shake his head to rid himself of any thoughts. Meanwhile, Auroras thoughts were shamelessly running wild.

"I don't wanna concuss ya. I'm telling ya Sunshine, ya shoulda seen the other guy" She wheezed dramatically. Synn rolled his eyes and grabbed her hand. He pulled her up swiftly, causing her to gasp aloud as she hit his chest with his strength. She gulped heavily.

"Hit. Me" He whispered again slowly. Aurora finally nodded and stood back. She took a deep breath before swinging her arm back and punching him straight in the chest. He didn't move. Aurora frowned and did it again. And again. And again and again, until Synn had enough of her failed attempts and grabbed her arms.

"That was awful" He deadpanned. Aurora scoffed and shrugged her shoulders.

"I know, I was just using it as an excuse to feel your abs. What is that? A twelve pack?" She asked, directing the conversation cleverly as her hands once again returned to his torso, though now feeling him up. Synn blushed lightly as he watched her amazed eyes. He grabbed her hands once again, causing her to look up at his hood. Synn stared for a moment. He remembered what it was like to look directly into her eyes, and have her do the same. It was weird, nobody outside of his family had done that in years, the people he has killed not counting. A part of him wanted to feel that again, but at the same time he didn't want to. Not unless he had the mask on also.

"How do you expect me to believe that story you just told when you can't even throw a proper punch?" Synn said flatly. Aurora stepped back, mocking offence with a hand on her chest. Synn rolled his eyes.

"I'm teaching you" He said blankly. Auroras eyebrows shot up to her hairline at his response. He wanted to help her?

"What's in it for you?" She asked sceptically.