Chapter Twenty-Eight

Aurora barged into Alarics room that evening, without a mere knock. She shut the door behind her and looked around the room, not seeing him anywhere. Until he stepped into the room, through the open balcony doors. He stood in the doorway and folded his arms, looking at Aurora with a bored expression. Aurora mocked his actions, folding her arms over Atlas's maroon hoodie that was far too big for her.

"You" She seethe, glaring at him. She hadn't spoke to him at all. Alaric noticed, but didn't really care. He raised one brow at the girl.

"Me" He said, bluntly. Aurora rolled her eyes and walked further into the room.

"You're taking me to Dunes" She said nonchalantly, grabbing a hoodies off his bed and throwing it at him to out on over his shirtless torso. Unfortunately for Alaric, it hit him straight in the face as he was completely caught off guard with how she knew what that place was and why she wanted to go there. Aurora hadn't noticed however as she was trying to find his keys.

"I have no idea where-"

"Dont start codding me now Alaric, Synn told me. You know, Synn, you're favourite little bar tender" She mocked. Alaric furrowed his eyebrows at her words as he pulled the hoodie over his head. He stayed silent, trying to process them. He figured Synn must have told her a twisted version if the truth, leavibg out how they really know each other. A wise decision, he thought.

"He's not my favourite" He mumbled quietly to himself, though Aurora heard and turned around to shoot him a glare. She grabbed the keys thats she had just found and flung them at him, though he caught it with ease in one hand.

"I'll be waiting in the car"

~*~

"Did you know who he was before I became friends with him?" Aurora was on her hundredth question at this stage. She was stubbornly pinned against the car door beside her, shooting daggers at the side of Alarics head that not once turned to look at her.

"No, only after I went to the pub, then I made the connection"

"Did you run a background check on him"

"Yes"

"Creep" Alaric rolled his eyes at her blunt response.

"Why am I taking you here?" He questioned instead.

"Because I was ignoring him all week in school but now I miss him and I don't think he'd go to our usual spit since I haven't been showing up so I'm going here instead. But no, obviously I'm not gonna apologise. Why would you even think that? He deserved the silent treatment for this long, but I forgot that I'm needy and need attanetion, even though he actually doesn't really give me attention, which is kind of a con to our relationship" Aurora rambled on and on about her explanation, using it as a coping mechanism for the ball of nerves in her stomach. Alaric didn't react or respond. Aurora didn't care.

Alaric pulled up onto the curb under a flickering street light. Aurora opened the door and got. She looked around at all the run down and dark buildings, dull paint peeling of the sides of the walls and windows smashed in. Down the street she could see a neon pink sign saying 'Dunes' which also flickered every so often. She jumped with a fright when she felt something being pulled down over her head. She was ready to scream until her head poked through and she seen Alaric standing in front of her, pulling down the end of the hoodie over her head. She put her arms though the holes and Alaric pulled the hood over her head.

"What are you doing?" She asked as he turned her around and began leading them towards the pub with his hand on her shoulder blade. It was a Friday night, town was bou d to be busy

"I'm not letting you go in here alone. People in here might know you, we can't afford people figuring out who you are in the side of the town, especially when we have no back up because someone is a stubborn little bitch" Alaric explained plainly. Aurora rolled her eyes at him though quickly stopped when he pulled open the door to the pub. Alaric wasted no time by leading her straight to the bar where Bruise was doing his usual, cleaning glasses. Alaric guided Aurora to one of the stools and grabbed the one beside her, pulling it closer to hers before taking a seat. Bruise looked up nonchalantly until his eyes widened when his met a pair of mixed eyes. His gaze darted towards Alaric.