Chapter Twenty-Five

Okay so, super long chapter to make up for my slow updates recently. I was really busy in school cause the mocks were coming up but now I'm out with covid! I'm grand though, but really wanna know what ye think of this chapter. I think I love it, but don't know if it was too early for it....let me know!

~*~

He was on his list, that's how he recognised him. He was hired by Sebastian Knight. He was sent to follow Aurora, like he had been for a while. He was going to take her. Messages between him and other men from Sebastian Knights gang were exchanged that day. All about Aurora. Her whereabouts, her hair, her clothes, her interactions, and him. Bruise was finally able to get this information about this guy, now knowing who he was currently working with. The had been on his case for a while, but after he completed his mission, all traces of him were gone from any gangs he worked with. He let Synn do what he wanted with the information.

So now, he stood above his bleeding body, covered in his crimson blood. He was going to take Aurora, and he didn't want imagine what would come next if he succeeded. But he didn't, and Synn made sure of that.

~*~

"Why'd ya kill him?" Alaric snapped, sitting down abruptly at the bar. Bruise glanced over his shoulder at the highly displeased man glaring at him. He finished pouring the drink and sighed, turning around. He slid it to the man standing beside Alsric who then walked away once he was given his glass. Bruise pressed his palms against the counter and leaned slightly forward.

"I didn't do anything" He said smugly. Alaric stared at him blankly.

"Then why did he kill him?" He shot back. Bruise opened his mouth to reply but shut it quickly.

"Because your men can't do their fucking job" Synn spat, sitting beside Alaric. Bruise stepped back and began to get Synn a drink, knowing he would need it during this interaction. Alaric turned towards Synn, who faced the front, seemingly unfazed.

"My men can do their job fine" Alaric argued, not liking the audacity of him at the moment. Bruise placed Synns drink in front of him, causing him to grab it then turn to face Alaric.

"Did you know he was following Aurora, waiting to take her for that prick Sebastian Knight?" Synn sneered. Alaric sat back for a moment. Synn took that as his answer and took a swig if his drink smugly.

"My men would have spotted him soon" Alaric grumbled, not ready to face being wrong just yet.

"Maybe, when it would have been too late" Synn fired back. Alaric stayed silent again. Synn sighed and turned to face him. "I'm not questioning the trust you have in your men, I'm questioning their abilities. This man was on our list for a while, but he travels an awful lot. People hire him for this type of shit the whole time, he's good at what he does"

"Then how did you spot him?"

"Hes good, but I'm better" Alaric rolled his eyes at his response. It was true though, and Alaric knew that too. Synn has never been caught doing what he does, similar to that man. He knows what to look out for because he would usually do it himself.

"We're working on getting more men. Levi formed an alliance with the Crudes not too long ago. They're willing to provide protection" Alaric grumbled, trying to explain himself. Synn turned back around to face the front, glancing at Alaric silently from the corner of his eye. A silence hung in the air again after that. It seemed to be a pattern at the stage.