Chapter Twenty-Six

Synn stared at her in wonder. His heart rate instinctively matched hers as it began to beat wildly at her words. He felt so content, despite being so exposed. He felt glad that he showed her.

"I still owe you alot of explanations" He said quietly. Aurora didn't say anything, instead chewed on her bottom lip in thought. Synn pulled his head away from hers and pulled her lip from under her teeth with his thumb. He opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by voices. Auroras eyes widened as she stared at him. She quickly grabbed his hood from behind his head and pulled it down over his face. She shot her head to the side to see if someone was coming. Synn found it all too amusing, seeing as she was still gripping the rim of his hood and pulling it down. He removed her hands and put them in her lap, causing her to look at him as he adjusted his hood. She looked at him in worry. Worry for him if someone had saw him, and that reassured him once again that he made the right decision.

"Sure, and then we could go to the diner after too, if you wanted" A young male voice suggested. Aurora listened curiously to see who the voices belonged too. Synn seemed to know however, seeing as he groaned loudly and let his head fall onto Auroras chest. Aurora looked down at him, confused, but looked towards the opening between the two shelves when to freshmen appeared in front of her. A boy and a girl.

The boy had messy black hair, flying all over his head, while his wide, warm, brown eyes stared at the two in surprise. He was wearing a navy hoodie and straight leg jeans, a pair of old, dirty runners adorning his feet. The girl besides him was very pretty, her beautiful brown skin glowed as she too looked on in shock. Long, black braids fell down her back, with white beads at the end. She wore a pretty yellow skirt and a white crew neck with some sort of yellow and orange writing on it. Her feet, clad in converse, shifted under Auroras gaze.

"Thats Aurora King" The girl whispered to the boy. Aurora furrowed her eyebrows. Did she think she couldn't hear her?

"Thats my brother" The boy whispered back, causing Auroras eyes to widen in amazement. She honestly would never have guessed. They looked nothing alike. Though, she stopped for a moment to inwardly slap hers for getting excited over the fact that she now knew what Synn looked like and was able to compare the two.

"You're so cute, oh my goodness!" Aurora squealed, jumping up from Synns lap. Synns eyes widened and he reached out to pull her back, but she was already over giving Riley a hug. Riley looked over her shoulder at Synn with wide mesmerised eyes. Synn giving him a glare, warning him not to embarrass him. Synn couldn't help but feel relieved that she was back to herself. He never thought he'd say that, but seeing her in that state made him realise how much he liked her annoying bubbly self. As Aurora pulled away, she stepped back and look at him.

"Fucking hell, you are just the sweetest thing. Look at him Sunshine, isn't he the sweetest thing?" She rambled, glancing back to Synn for his input. Synn stared at her dumbly. Riley was just slightly taller than her and yet she found him cute. It annoyed him. "I can't believe you actually exist! Let me see the ring" Aurora gasped. Riley was as red as a tomato at this point. Without hesitation, he did as she asked and held out his hand with the familiar ring on it. Aurora awed at the sight of it on his finger and turned around to look at Synn.

"Does this mean you're not gay?" She asked hopefully. Synns face fell. He adjusted his pants and shrugged his shoulders. "Obviously" He muttered. Riley began to snicker at this, Aurora turned around to look at him with a smile. Just then she caught sight of the girl standing beside him, looking very taken back.

"Oh my, is this the cinema girl? Oh you're gorgeous! Isn't she gorgeous Sunshine?" Aurora didn't even bother to look back at Synn this time. Synn stared at the girl, scrutianising her to see if she's good for his little brother or not. A wide smile spread across the girls face at the compliment. Her heart was beating wildly at the fact the was complimented by Aurora King, possibly the most gorgeous girl in the school. She was pleasantly surprised with how sweet she was. Being a freshman especially, she heard lots of random stories about her and her brothers, though part of her kind of presumed she would be rude just like the rest of the popular girls. Synn stood up and came to stand behind Aurora.