Chapter Nine

It was around one in the morning when Levi received a disruptive but seemingly frantic phone call from Sebastion Knight. The older man begged the eldest King brother to meet with him, claiming it was urgent. As they sat in Levi's office, Mr . Knight recalled the events that had just unfolded.

Matthew Smiths wife had called one of Matthews supposed work colleagues, Cassio, who happened to be a member of the Knights gang also, in a state as she told him how her husband still hadn't returned home from work or answered any of her calls. Cassio, unsure of the situation at the time, assured her that they had met up after work to get a couple of beers and that Matthew was at his house, passed out on his couch. Matthews wife's mind was finally at rest, reassured that her husband was safe, but Cassio wasn't.

He went to Matthews work office, which was left unlocked due to Matthew being unable to lock up, supposedly being the last one to leave that night. The open building was a clear sign to Cassio that something was wrong. As he entered the offices and found Matthews slashed, skinned and bloodied body, he instantly called the gang. He didn't have to ponder over the crime, the numbers carved into his chest being a clear giveaway of who his murderer was. Cassio only hoped he wasn't about to be next.

As Levi listened to the gruesome events he grew angry at the thought that he hadn't been informed of this issue sooner before they moved here. He couldnt understand how they didn't discover this during their research but he was hearing it now from a man that had his men protecting his younger siblings.

Levi had done his research on Sebastisns men that were appointed for security of the triplets, with Isaacs help. He felt guilty for going behind Auroras back, but couldn't turn down an opportunity like this. Word would spread that the King Brothers are here and it truly helped knowing that the triplets were protected if anyone was foolish enough to even dare pose a threat to them. He would tell her eventually, if he decided to let it continue after this meeting.

"That is why I think we should form an official alliance" Sebastians words struck a chord with Levi. His lean figure tensed in his big leather chair as he peered at Sebastian who sat behind the mahogany desk with a pleading gaze. Levi scrutinised him with his eyes while his hands gripped the leather.

"Why didn't you warn me of this sooner?" Levi finally asked after what seemed like a lifetime for Sebastian. Sebastian knew by his calm tone that he was in trouble. He paused before answering, trying to come up with a lie. He couldn't tell him the reason was because he needed for Levi to owe him something before he struck this on him. Now Levi owes him for the security he is providing for the King family. These murders were the reason he approached Levi to begin with. Luckily, before Sebastian could answer, Levi continued.

"So not only did you lie, but you also expect me to form an alliance with you?" Levi asked cooly. Sebastion, the grown man, squirmed under his intense gaze at a loss for words. He gulped before speaking.

"If you don't, I-I'll pull the security" His stutter hindered his capability of sounding confident. Levi raised an eyebrow at the man before erupting into laughter.

"If you think you are the only man that would be willing to protect my family, my sister, you are fooling yourself. Gangs all over this world want to marry my sister to become our alliances, you think they wouldn't kill for the oppertunity to earn the title as her protector? I only chose you because of your past relations with my father, but even that won't stop me. Know your place when you deal with me Mr.Kinght, and that will always be below me." Levi stated deviously, all traces of laughter diminished from his tone. The cheek of this man to threaten him served anger upon him. Levi's pride wanted to pull the security to prove his point, yet he wouldn't. Not yet. He was now curious as to what Sebastian Knight was really up to.