Asperger

Aspergers fall under the umbrella of Autism. Now it is in a group of neurological disorders known as autism spectrum disorder. While the two mental disorders themself have some things in common they are different. When having Asperger's, one can struggle with understanding social situations, humor, or sarcasm. Having difficulties holding conversations, meeting eyes, or talking about one topic of interest. Also they are known to have Hypersensitivities to lights, sounds. There is no known caused for Aspergers, it is believed to have something to do with the brain structure during development and early childhood, while also being hereditary. It is more common in males and can appare at a young age, but many do not get diagnosed till later in life. Many with Aspergers are known to have a very high IQ, indivials can develop an obsession in something, wanting to know everything they can about it. When attempting to get digonosed with Aspergers, someone could pursue neuropsychological testing, in which a neuropsychologist or a psychiatrist will ask questions, observe ones behaviors, and look at a check list. Getting digonosed with any disorder can be a very scary time, it helps to have someone there for the experience. There are treatment for Aspergers, some can include, Speech-language therapy(if needed) medication, social skills training, and therapy.