Chapter 13

*No One's POV*

The next battles that ensued were mostly boring.

Mei Hatsume vs Tenya Iida

Iida was used as a live demonstration for Mei's inventions. He couldn't land one hit. In the end, Mei walked out of bounds and ended the match- if you could even call it that.

Aoyama Yuga vs Mina Ashido.

This fight in Izuku's opinion was more entertaining. While Yuga didn't put up much of a fight, the techniques his high energy classmate showed was admirable. Yuga didn't stand a chance after a few uses of his quirk.

Fumikage Tokoyami vs Momo Yaoyorozu

While he was happy his friend made it to the next round, he couldn't help but feel sympathy for Momo. She has a very powerful quirk, but the way she utilizes it is confusing. Especially since she's the top of their class. He was thoroughly disappointed.

Denki Kaminari vs Ibara Shiozaki

Pitiful. That was the only way to describe it. Even worse than Yuga's attempt. An embarrassment to the class really. But, he tried?

Shoto Todoroki vs Sero Hanta

An unfortunate matchup on Sero's part. An easy win on Todoroki's. The match didn't last that long, with Sero starting out on the offensive. Todoroki immediately put a stop to his advances with a literal GLACIER of ice.

Eijiro Kirishima vs Testutestu Tetsutestu

This one was funny really. The two boys with almost completely identical quirks traded blows left and right with no clear winner, until they eventually passed out at the same time. The tie breaker for the round was an arm wrestling match. Both were relentless in their fight for victory, but Tetsutestu ultimately cracked- literally. Dubbing Kirishima as the winner.

And finally,

Ochako Uraraka vs Katsuki Bakugo

A bloodbath to be honest. If he were to to tell the truth, he already had little to no faith in the gravity girl winning the battle. Bakugo evaded any and every attempt at an attack from her. Izuku had noticed the real objective Uraraka was working towards, and while it was a good strategy, it was easy to see through if you were paying attention.

And apparently, Bakugo was paying attention.

One monstrous blast to the rubble rain and Uraraka's plan was up in smokes. She did try a little more, even after her plan was decimated, but her efforts were fruitless.

And in the end, Bakugo was declared winner. Definitely not to the crowd's delight. But that's just the way it is.

*Time Skip*

After avoiding most of his classmates like the plague, being pestered by Mei about upgrades to his costume, and running into Endeavor, Izu- wait.....ENDEAVOR?

*Flashback 20 min*

Izuku was walking through the halls of the stadium getting ready for the fight against Shoto. He knew it would be tough, but if he didn't use his fire the winner of this battle was pretty clear.

He could tell someone was approaching from the opposite direction and thought nothing of it.

That is, until the sad excuse of a hero walked around the corner with his head held high in pride like he didn't belong in a garbage can.

The two made eye contact, and Endeavor fixed Izuku with a nasty glare. One that the boy had no problem returning with a vengeance.

"You must be the one going against Shouto." Endeavor said, sizing Izuku up with his fiery gaze.

Izuku said nothing, but still kept eye contact.

"While I admit you have shown promising strength, you will be no match for my son." Endeavor said coldly.

"Let's not be to hasty now." Izuku said with a lazy grin. "You'd be surprised with how easily things can change." He stated as he started to walk away.

"I have no intention of losing." Izuku finished with his back facing the number 2 hero as he walked away.

He can practically feel the burn of the man's glare.

*Back to the Present*

After all of that, Izuku now sat in his waiting room with his shadow companion. An energetic thing it was. Always bouncing around and looking for a challenge.

It had great respect for its master and is always eager to help. Izuku appreciated it for being there when he needed it most. Even though it couldn't talk.

Realizing that his match was about to start, Izuku stood up and made his way to the arena.

When he arrived he stood across from his opponent once again as Midnight got ready to start the match.

The crowd cheered and screamed as Midnight began.

"ALRIGHT FOLKS, HERE WE HAVE OUR NEXT TWO CONTESTANTS!! ON THE LEFT WE HAVE SHOTO TODOROKI AND ON THE RIGHT STAND MIDORYA IZUKU!!!"

"GET READY"

"AND LET THE MATCH..."

The familiar crack of a wip echoed across the area.

"BEGIN!!!"

Izuku sunk into his shadow.