Chapter 8

*No one's POV*

Darkness.
The one thing Izuku was always familiar with. The darkness in his heart, the dark thoughts that filled his head, the darkness of having no one for the first 14 years of his life.

Dark. Dark. Dark.

At one point, it was all he knew. And at that time, it was welcomed with opened arms. But this darkness felt........wrong. Not the kind that comforted him when he wanted to sleep. No. This darkness wanted to shroud his life in its inky coils.

He wanted to leave. This was not the darkness he knew. The darkness he knew was the kind that was inconspicuous, almost as if he was invisible.

People overlooked the darkness he knew. And what people didn't see was where he hid. Along with his suicidal thoughts and self hatred. To him, invisibility was comfort.

He had to get out. This was the darkness that hid his secrets, his fears. It was never the darkness itself that he feared, of course it wasn't.......

It's what lurked inside it that made him tremble.

A light.

It was almost overlooked by the boy in the darkness. A small golden light. That was where he needed to be. Not that he knew it, but anything that can save him from this darkness, was where he wanted to be.

He sprinted like his life depended on it. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. But he didn't want to stay long enough to find out. He would never want to stay here.

Then he heard it.

A slithering noise, coming at him quickly. He ran faster. It was all he could do. He had to run. Because if he didn't, then he would stay. And he knew it.

He feels something wrap around his leg. He almost tripped, but the thought of him staying here kept him struggling.

What was chasing him...

Was himself.

His thoughts of lonelyness. The horrid comments thrown at him as a child. The suicide attempts. It haunted him. No matter how fast he ran. It was always there. But he would never know. Because he would never stay.

He grazed it, The light. That was all it took. He grazed it, and the light exploded. He shielded his eyes. The light went from gold to white, and then....

He shot up.

His eyes wide and breathing irregular. His eyes darted around the room he was in. He realized he was surrounded by his classmates. All of them looking at him with worry. Except for Bakugo, Todoroki, and Tokoyami. Bakugo, because he didn't really care. Todoroki, because he was being himself, he was also still skeptical about what side the green haired boy was on. Especially after his little "show" at the landslide zone. And Tokoyami, because the king of darkness is never worried. He was, but he wouldn't show it.

Izuku's breathing calmed down. "DANM NERD MAKING THESE EXTRAS WORRIED BECAUSE YOUR WEAK!!!" Bakugo yelled. Kirishima was rather quick to calm him down.

Izuku had just woken up from a nightmare, just to be thrown into a new one. And he didn't feel like dealing with it.

"I'm glad your all ok, now please leave." Izuku said in a monotone voice with dead eyes.

They all sweatdroped at izuku's blunt dismissal, but surprised that he was worried about their safety.

As he asked, they all left what he now realized was the nurse's office. Well, Bakugo was dragged out the door by a sweet red haired boy while screaming about murder.

This was how he was meant to be, alone.

*Time Skip*
Once again you find class 1-A back to their old, childish selves. Until Aizawa moved to the front of the room.

"Your fight isn't over." He said with complete urgency in his voice. The whole room tensed. The laughter that once filled the livley classroom was now hidden beneath serious lips.

"The UA sports festival is coming up." Aizawa droned on. Instantly the atmosphere of the room changed.

"You will have two weeks off to train, class dismissed." The teacher finished with a heavy sigh.

'Now this should be interesting.' Izuku thought with a grin.

*Time skip*
"LOOK ALIVE EVERYONE, THE FESTIVAL STARTS IN 10 MINUTES!!!!" Iida yelled into the class 1-A waiting room.

Izuku was sitting off to the corner as usual. Trying to be invisible. But it didn't seem to work when he saw a candy cane boy walk up to him.

"I don't know what's going on with you, but I know I'm stronger." He started.

"I will beat you today." Todoroki finished. Izuku looked at him like him like he was the most irrelevant thing on earth.

"Ok." Izuku finally said after a long pause. Todoroki growled. The one thing that gets on one's nerves more than challenging someone, is challenging someone who doesn't care.

"ALL RIGHT LADIES ANS GENTS', LETS WELCOME........CLASS 1-A!!!!!" The stadium roared to life as said class walked into view.

"And representing this class is.... Katsuki Bakugo!!!!!!" Present Mic finished. Everyone in 1-A was nervous. They knew EXACTLY how their resident pissy boy acted.

"I just want to say..." He started. His class hung on the edge of their metaphorical seats. Hoping, PRAYING, that he wouldn't screw this up with his pride.

"I'm gonna win." He said and walked off the stage. Everything was quiet. Then they were immediately showered with boos and comments about them being to cocky.

"BAKUGO!!!!" The entire class yelled.
All he did was glare at them. Though deep down they knew there was no preventing this.

"Now for the first event of the day......THE OBSTACLE COURSE!!!!!" The croud got roudy once again.

(Time skip to after the explanation of the round bc I'm lazy.)

"Alright contenders, take your stand!!!" Midnight yelled. The participants got on there mark.

5.....

The air grew tense.

4.....

They got into position.

3.....

Some started up their quirks.

2.....

Izuku came to a decision.

1.....

'I want to win'.

0......

"START!!!!"

------------------------------------------------------
1004 words
Here is chapter 8. I worked pretty hard to make the beginning sound as not cringy as possible. Thank you for reading!!! Ok my lovlies, byeeeeeeee 😁❤️❤️