Betrayal

Yesterday was a handful. I fell asleep talking to James. He assured me he wants to be with me. Even through this. I'm in a place where I don't even know what to do anymore. Jason is blaming this on me, he doesn't want me being with James anymore, I'm sure the three stooges are having a laugh at my life right now.

"Are you ready, honey?" Mom asks.

I put my empty plate of food into the sink and walk out the door to the car. I haven't spoken to anyone all morning. We all decided to see Dylan in the hospital. He's doing much better according to the doctor. I'm hoping he comes back home. At least have this go right.

Chris left to do the groceries. He's been so angry with Jason and what he said. Chris wanted to do something for mom to make her feel better. And also to distract himself. I'm guessing he'll clean the house too.

Jason is sitting in the back of the car.

I should clarify that we're going with Toby. Toby is driving, mom will be in the passenger seat. And that leaves me. Sitting right next to the person who hates me with everything in him.

I take a deep breath and open the car door. I hop in and don't even bother to look to the side. I'm sitting on the left and he's sitting on the right.

"Goodmorning Lea. How are you?" Toby asks.

"Fine." I respond.

"Finally, the princess speaks." Jason says, sarcastically.

I glare at Jason. I can't think of anything to say back so I stay silent. He can't possibly hate me this much.

"Did you eat?" Toby asks.

"Yeah." I blankly say.

Toby has been kind with us, it would be rude to just ignore him.

"Oh... that's good." He says.

I just nod awkwardly.

Thankfully, mom comes out. I take a deep breath and look out the window. I'm ready to see my brother.
~~~~~~~~~
"Hello. Dylan Hill?" Mom asks the front desk.

I'm standing next to Jason. He has his arms crossed infront of his chest. We haven't said a word to eachother. Not even a snarky comment. I wish I could talk to him.

"Room number?" Toby asks the lady upfront.

"397B" she responds.

"Thank you." My mom answers.

We all walk to said room. 397B.

"Please, no arguments." Mom tells the both of us.

"I wasn't planning on speaking to... her." Jason says.

I'm sure he was going to say worse.

"Yeah..." I agree.

We make it to the room and walk in. Toby stays at the doorframe. I wonder why he's been so close to my mom lately. Anyway...

"Hi baby." Mom strokes his head. "...hi."

I quickly sit on one of the empty chairs. He's been a little weak but he's doing good.

Jason stays standing and watching Dylan. I'm sure the car ride here was hell for him anyway. It's obvious he wants nothing to do with me right now.

"Hey..." Dylan winces alittle. "Hey... mom."

"How are you feeling?" Mom asks.

"I'm ok." He responds. "How was the funeral?"

Mom looks over at us and clears her throat. I really don't want to be here and have this conversation.