Feelings

A/N you're support is amazing! Thank you! As soon as I'm done editing "The Salvatore Sister", I'll start the second book. Also, I'm sorry for the delay! Enjoyyyy
~~~~~~

It's the next day. This morning was very quiet. No one bothered to talk to me. Jason has been ignoring me the most, though. I understand, I guess. For the most part, the only thing I got going for me today is Kayla. I bet she'd me thrilled to hear what happened last night...

I have no idea if I should risk talking to James. What if Jason sees us? I can't afford another embarrassment. Jessica slept in with Chris. Thank god I didn't hear any suspicious noises. At least they respect that.

Mom tried talking to me this morning. She wanted to check if I was fine. Of course, I shrugged and sighed "I'm fine." Which is a total lie.

I know I'll have to say the truth soon. Jason won't be able to keep that bottled up.

"Can you all find a ride back home? I have no idea if I'll be out early today. I have a feeling I'll be at work until 9:00pm." Mom pulls up in front of the school.

"It's cool, mom." Dylan nods.

"I've got a friend to take Jason and I." Alex responds.

I sit there, awkwardly. They know who I'm friends with. It doesn't matter if I can't be friends with James anymore. I'm still friends with Kayla. We'd most likely ride in the same car together.

"Is there anyone else you can ask?" Jason reads my mind.

Those are the first words he's spoken to me. Sucks it wasn't "are you okay, Lea? I'm sorry for overreacting."

"Yeah. I have my best friend named Casper. Oh, wait... he's a guy... damn. Looks like I'm walking home." I shrug and leave the car.
~~~~~~~
I haven't seen Kayla yet. Hopefully she came to school today. If she didn't, I'd definitely be alone. I need someone to talk to about this. She seems like the only person I have left. Right now, I'm in math class. Mr. Smith can really talk for hours. All I can think about is James though. Those math problems have nothing on my own problems. I don't understand how I went to sleep last night.

"Ms. Hill, am I boring you?" Mr. Smith clears his throat.

My head has been down practically half of the class period. I haven't participated nor started my notes. I'm not in the mood to even lift my head. I should, though. He must be waiting for an answer with a raised eyebrow. Like he always does when he calls a student out.

I lift my head up, slowly. I look around the room and see each student looking right at me. Some whisper to their neighbor, others just... state. I should get used to that. Rumors are spreading fast. Horrible thing about that is they don't know the truth. They don't know my character. I just moved here! It's easy to believe the rumors.

"Nope." I pop the p.

"Lift your head." He orders.

He walks towards me and notices that I haven't started my notes. I don't even have a pencil out. He sighs, frustrated.

"Actually, pop quiz! You can thank Lea."

As every student in this stupid class groans and rolls their eyes at me, Mr. Smith walks over his desk and hands out some paper. It's like he was planning on my "not paying attention." I lay my head back down on the desk. If I didn't start the notes, what makes him think I'll start this dumb pop quiz? I can still hear some whispers about me. Why? Because they all begin with "she." I know I shouldn't assume but it's likely.

"And... begin!" Mr. Smith says.

I can hear everyone's pencils moving and papers flipping. It must be a packet. What kind of quiz has more than one paper? A quiz is a quiz. It would make sense if it was——