Let's Pay Him A Visit

It's been three weeks. Almost a month. I told mom that I didn't want to be stuck in my room anymore. I felt useless in there. It's time for me to get back to my life. I hate it, but it's what I have left. My stitches are somewhat healed. I went to the hospital to get them taken off a couple days ago. I made a speedy recovery. I'm so glad I did. My wrist is fine now. I have a little bit of wrap, though. Just to be safe.

Throughout the days, the only people that actually visited me was Jason, Kayla, and my mom. I haven't heard from Alex or Dylan. Chris has been too busy with Jessica. he made no time to see me. No surprise, right? Jessica has him whipped. But we already know that. It's none of my business. I'm tired of fighting against the impossible. No one listens to me anyway.

"Hey, honey. Ready for your first day of school?" Mom opens my bathroom door.

I've been staring at myself since 7:30am. I'm ready. At least I think I am. Today's the day I get to see James for the first time. I mean, I've seen Kayla already. It's James who I'm excited for. I hope that didn't sound too mean. it's just... I never properly thanked him for saving me.

I get to see Cristian and Brittany, too. I'm not fully healed. Just wait until I am. I already warned Brittany. I'm going to kill her.

"Definitely." I force a smile.

"I wanted to give this back to you." Mom hands my phone back to me. "I want you safe. If anything happens—-"

"I'll give you a call." I finish her sentence.

"Right." She nods. "Good girl."

She's paranoid. Exactly what I didn't want. We moved here for a fresh start and only a month passes, I manage to screw it up. I regret talking to Brittany. I should've ignored her.

Mom kisses me on my temple and leaves. I'm going to have to bring my portable charger to charge this.
~~~~~~~
My phone is successfully charging in my bag. It's not dead, thankfully. My mom turned it off when she took it away from me. It was on 30%. Not bad. Now that it's charging, it should be at least in the 50%'s.

I slowly walk down the steps. I haven't been down here since Jason helped me walk to my room. Mom or Jason would give me food in bed. They thought I was too weak to handle the stairs. My head and all. They treated me like a princess. I didn't complain. It gave me time to heal my wounds quickly.

As I reach the bottom of the steps, everyone stops what they're doing and waits for my appearance. They must've heard my foot steps. I wonder who's in the kitchen. Each step I take to the kitchen, makes my heart quicken a little. After this, it's school. I don't think I'm ready but I don't have a choice. I need to go.

"Lea, how's your morning?" Chris smiles.

Why would he care? This is the first time he actually talks to me since I got here.

Mom left. She must've been late waiting for me to head down. She's going to be late everyday if she continues to be worried about me. I'm going to have to be good. I can't have her getting reasons why she should be worried. Again, she doesn't know how I got my injuries. She hasn't pushed me to tell her, either. I need to tell her soon. She's my best friend. We tell each other everything and the fact that I haven't told her this could just break her heart a little.

I need to walk in the kitchen. It's now or later. Lately, my mentality is "get it over with!" Might as well. I slowly walk into the kitchen. The whole family's here. All my brothers. Besides mom, of course... and Jessica. She's not family. She never will be.

"It's good." I walk over to a seat at the table. "Can someone pass the orange juice and a cup?"

I would sit on my favorite chair but Alex is sitting there. By the looks of it, no one's in a joking mood. I won't push it. Damn... would that mean that nothing will be the same after this? It'll be my fault.