Collect The Shattered Parts

"Where's Alex going?" Kayla asks me.

I know she has a pretty good idea. She just wants to be sure. I don't want to answer any questions that have to do with today. Or Alex to be really honest. Today needs to be erased from my head. From my life. Even though it will forever scar me, I need to at least try. I grab my pants and slide them on. Kayla quickly looks away from me. If she's worried about me feeling uncomfortable, I'm not. She's probably my only close girl friend. I'm not too worried about her "exposing me" or whatever.

"I really don't want to talk about this." I shake my head. "My shirt is going to be tough to put on. Let's worry about me getting dressed instead."

"Of course. Sorry." She grabs my tang top.

I slowly move my gown and expose my light blue bra. I take caution with my wrist and temple. I wouldn't want to imagine what it'll feel like if I bump my wrist or touch my stitches. Kayla pulls my tang top over my head and I make my arms go through each hole. I glance up at her. She's giving me that look. She has so many questions. So much she wants to say.

"So, James." She speaks. "I see how worried he is about you. Like all of us, of course."

That's definitely not the first thing she wants to talk about.

"Yeah." I chuckle. "My brothers aren't making it any easier. I'm glad Jason didn't tag along."

"I wonder if the rest of your brothers know about today." Kayla grabs the gown off the floor.

I shrug. They'll know eventually. If they didn't tag along, it's because they didn't want to confront James or worse. Meet Cristian face to face. I know how they are. The hospital isn't a place they'd want to deal with the problem.

"No more about today I said."

"Right. Sorry." Kayla opens the bathroom door. "I keep forgetting."

I slip on my comfortable slides and walk out the door. Kayla follows close behind, making sure I don't fall. She isn't as overly dramatic like Alex was. Holding me from behind and what not. She's just close behind me. I can tell she's watching my every step. I won't fall. I'm concentrated. I'd rather pay attention to my steps than what I'm about to walk into.

Kayla moves the curtain for me. My mom quickly wipes away some tears, Jessica looks up at me, Chris holds her hand, and James walks towards me. Vivian looks over and gives me a small, warm, smile.

"Are you okay?" He whispers.

All I do is nod.

"I'm ready to go, please." I tell my mom.

"We are, too." Mom nods.
~~~~~~~~
We make it home. The car ride was silent. The radio wasn't even on. No one bothered to ask me, for the millionth time, what happened. They didn't even ask if I was okay. They must think I'm tired.

"Lea? Lea, oh my god." The car door flies open.

I wince at the yelling. My head is still a little fuzzy. Yelling is not a good thing right about now. I tilt my head up and realize it's Jason. He pulls me into a tight, careful, hug. I can't help but let a few tears escape my eyes. This is what I needed.

"I'm so sorry. We should've taken you home." Jason holds me tighter.

"Let her get inside, Jason." Chris orders. "She's had a long day."

Jason lets me go and helps me out the car. I don't see Dylan or Alex around. I'm surprised Jason didn't leave. He leads me to my room. I walk towards my bed. I'm fighting back so many tears. Jason closes the door and walks towards me. I can't look at him. I can't have them more worried. More than they already are. I take a seat on my bed.