The Hill Family

My brothers. God, why do they have to be so overprotective? To be clear, I have four. Each annoying in their own way. I'm the youngest and... well you guessed it... the only girl in the family. Allow me to introduce them to you.

Let's start with Alex.

He's 17 years old. I know he doesn't seem intimidating, but he damn well can be when he wants. I remember once I took his phone for literally a second. Apparently, no girls allowed on Alex's phone is a thing. Ive never seen him so annoyed and angry. Almost like he was hiding something. Now a days, dick pics are a thing so... I've never touched his phone after that.

He's always hanging out with my youngest brother. Since they are close in age, they understand each other a lot. They are so much alike. I mean, they could practically be twins. Alex is what we all call... the popular kid. We all have a sibling like that, don't we?

Next is Jason.

Like I said, Alex and Jason are twins. However, he has a more sweet side. But Jason could also bring the bad side of him. It takes a lot for him to get mad though. Unlike Alex, he controls himself. Jason is also the only one I connect to.

Like the rest of my brothers, he's very protective. I've only had one boyfriend in my life. Somehow, I kept it from all four of them because I didn't want them to scare him off. Thankfully, I broke the relationship off before it got too serious. Long story...

Now Dylan.

He's 18. Almost the oldest. He's always to himself. It's only occasionally when he speaks to the family. He's always up in his room doing god knows what. But, he's always watching me every other time he's not in his cave. Everywhere I go. Every move I make. I think he thinks I don't realize. Wouldn't he stop if he saw I knew? Unless he didn't care.

He's a troublemaker at school. Never at home though. That's something my mom never figured out. She tried everything in the book. Nothing worked. His grades were A's now they're a mix of C's and D's. There was one F and he freaked... yeah... I don't understand either.

Finally... Chris.

He's 19. Sometimes his bitchy girlfriend, Jessica, walks in like she owns the place. Mom and I hate her but mom is so kind and nice. I see where Jason gets it from. Anyway, the guys love her. She's always giving them a show. Besides Dylan. He's too busy staring at me.

But Alex and Jason... ugh. Makes me want to barf. I'd expect more from Jason. Alex is just... Alex. Anyway, Chris was another one of  the popular kids when he was in high school. He wasn't the leader though. He was more of a follower. Thankfully, he grew out of it during the end of junior year. But then it burned in flames when he met Jessica at senior year.

Then there's me. Lea.

I can't say I'm a saint. I've had my fair share of being a trouble maker. One of my problems is hiding things from my brothers. Besides my mom. She's practically my best friend. I know what you're wondering.

Where's your dad?

Dad left the family when I was about 5 years old. My brothers tried their best to distract me and make sure I didn't realize what was going on at the time but I knew.

I never asked why he left. I just drilled in my head that he left us. How could there be a reason for leaving your own family? There shouldn't be. If he ever came to the front door, I wouldn't hesitate to slam it right on his face. He shouldn't have left.

I remember when I was 4. It was my birthday party and he had given me this huge dollhouse. That was the best day of my life. Despite all the fights I overheard my mom and dad go through, I still loved him. That dollhouse was the only thing I needed for my collection of Bratz Dolls and Barbies.

I remember loving him so much that day. I never stopped talking about that gift. I was so happy. That dollhouse is now in the basement. I keep it just to always relive that moment. Well... I did. Before we moved.

But now we have our mom. She's done everything to keep us together. I think it was a good choice for dad leaving but at the same time... what went wrong?

Anyway, I'm 15 years old. I'm a freshman. Fresh meat. My brothers have been making fun of me all summer. Well, the summer we took to move to another city, as I mentioned. Mom wanted to move because our house had too many memories. I was really sad about it but it didn't matter anyway. Mom was right.

Too many memories.

My Mom's name is Shyla.

She's very young. She had Chris when she was 16. It was very rough but somehow my mom and dad pulled through. Makes me wonder... he handled that but couldn't handle the marriage? I mean, they had four boys before me. That's a handful. Again... what went wrong?

Anyway, that sums us all up.

Shyla Hill, Chris Hill, Dylan Hill, Jason Hill, Alex Hill, and Lea Hill.

The Hill Family. Has a ring to it, don't you think?