Tell Me, What Happened?

"Her name's Lea Hill. Her left temple could need some stitches, she might have a sprained wrist on her right, and some bruising on the left cheek." I hear.

I'm being moved somewhere. My eyes are way to heavy at the moment. All I can do is listen to my surroundings. Where am I? who picked me up? And most importantly, am I safe?

"Please wake up."

He sounds like James. Opening my eyes isn't an option right now. I need to move something so he knows I'm okay. He needs to know that I can move. I must be at a hospital. That's the most obvious explanation. Suddenly, someone grabs my hand. Perfect chance. I hope it's James. I take this chance and lightly squeeze his hand.

"She's conscious. She just squeezed my hand." I hear him. "I got you, Lea."

I quickly let go. I have to try and open my eyes. I have to prepare myself for all the lights. I take a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

"She's moving. Lea, hey." Another voice says.

It sounds like Kayla.

I wince my eyes open. The first person I see is Kayla. Then, James. I look around some more and see a few more people. They're all moving me somewhere. I'm definitely in a hospital.

"Welcome back." Someone smiles.

I assume he's my doctor.

"What... what happened?" I manage to ask. "Welcome back? Did I die?"

"No no. Far from that. You just passed out for awhile." The doctor says.

They move my bed to the left. I quickly grab a handle with my left hand. That was too fast of a turn. The doctor takes me into a room. Well, I think it is. I had my eyes closed again. That last turn made me want to throw up.

"You can open your eyes now." Kayla says.

I slowly open them. I'm not in a room. More like a spot where it's divided by curtains. Which means my injuries are not bad. Good. They must've moved me from another room.

"Im Dr. Wilson. We gave you some medication to lessen the pain while you were out." He walks over to me. "I'm not sure if you've noticed but we also gave you a small cast for your wrist. There was a minor fracture. It wasn't big so it should heal quickly."

My whole family is going to kill me. They'll 100% believe it was James' fault. Jason will have the upper hand and twist everything up. Just when I was getting them to like him, too!

"What about my head?" I ask.

"I didn't see a reason to order any scans. You don't have a concussion either. Just a decent, deep, cut. So I had an intern stitch you up." He says. "You can be on your way shortly."

I nod. Dr. Wilson leaves the room. I can't believe they didn't ask how I got my injuries. Isn't that the first question they ask? Maybe James told them. It wasn't hard to pinpoint what happened.

"Are you okay?" James comes up to me.

He holds my hand, gently, again. I look down to him. He looks so worried. I take a deep breath and answer, honestly.