Journal

I sit, anxious to know what it says in this book. It might tell me Newts feelings, his values, his hopes, dreams or it could just be some kind of day planner or something boring like that. Either way I really want to read it. But I feel a ripping inside me and it's telling me, don't open it, what good would come from doing so! I put the book back and try to forget it. But now I've opened it, so clearly that didn't work. The first page reads;
The fist day in this bloody hell hole all they gave me was food and this bloody book. Had to find a pencil. I feel so lonely. Was told Theres no way out of this place, trapped. It ain't good. Wish I could remember somethin', Even ma name'd be great. The place is deserted and filled with only 4 guys. No girls.
The leader, Alby told me to keep ma Trap shut. Said he ain't wanna hear a "shuck" thing come out my mouth. "Shuck", wanna know what that means. Well I guess writing in this bloody book ain't gonna make a crap become good.

I think to myself, he really did feel the same way as me. I know Newt will be back soon so I quickly flip to his latest diary/journal note. It reads;

I've wrote this in this book 'bout 100 times or somethin', Lonely. The word used to be stuck in my shuck brain. But ever since she came along I've felt less lonely. If anything I've felt loved. She let me hug her again last night. Loved havin' her company 'gain. It was so bloody perfect, but I fell asleep. I woke up a few hours later and she had left. The loneliness came back. I found it really hard to sleep after.

I sit there after reading this, the biggest smile ever planted on my face, and all I can think is I like him and he likes me too. But I remember I left him there lonely. How could I be so mean, so selfish. I quickly slam the book shut and shove it back into the bag. Then I go back to cutting at my root.

Newt came back about five minuets ago. Asked him a question, "what was it like being one of the first ones here?" He looked at me surprised and answered slowly, "Hard and Lonely." After he said this I knew the short conversation was over.

It was around 10 minuets after I asked Newt the question when he tells me to get some food.
Sighing when getting to the line, another boy hits on me. I don't even know what he said, but the tone of his voice gave it away. Moving towards the front. More moving. I stop at the front and get the full meal. My stomach grumbles. I'm starving. I sit at a table with Chuck and eat everything on my plate. I'm about to leave when Chuck asks me, "do you like Newt?"

"Huh?"

"Well it kinda... Just seams that way, that's all."

"Oh, um... Maybe" quickly I fast walk away from chuck to the kitchen to get rid of my plate. I run back over to Newt, but embarrassingly I trip and land face first in the soil, the stinky, crappy soil. Newt try's to help me up. But he falls into it as well. I look at him and throw a massive clunk of soil in his face. He wipes it away and cheekily smiles. I get soil in my face too. Laughing and running around we throw soil at each other. This goes on for ages. I go to the corner of the shed and get ready to run. I run around the corner and bump strait into Newt, falling on top of him.

______________________
Hope you liked the chapter cya!