Chapter 3- When Lightning Strikes

3rd POV
It has been a few weeks since Selene and Crystal moved to Berk. They still visited their island from time to time. And every day was a new adventure.

Selene's POV
It another day in Berk, I was helping Hiccup make some perches for the dragons since they keep destroying peoples' houses. "A little more support?" Hiccup asked the blacksmith. "Well, they are dragons." Gobber told the boy. And soon, there were metallic perches all around the village, Astrid and Stormfly volunteered to test them. Before they could land, Stormfly got a little antsy. "No way, no how!" The nadder wasn't very thrilled to try it. "It's ok, girl. Just take it easy." Astrid told her friend, Stormfly finally landed and liked it. "Not bad." I gave Hiccup a smile. "It's nadder approved. Thanks Stormfly and Astrid!" I shouted up to them waving. We all stared to cheer since it worked, except for the twins.

"So we built these things so stuff wouldn't break?" Tuff questioned, "I don't understand you people." Ruff said. Hiccup and I looked over at them. "And they tricked us into helping them build them. I feel so used. And weary." And with that the twins threw their hammers down. Crystal came up besides me. "This was genius, reminds me of the big oak trees on the island." I nodded my head in agreeement. Soon, Hiccup, Stoick, Gobber, myself and the dragons were back at the house. Stoick let me move in with them. The men were toasting and I was feeding Toothless and Crystal some fish.

"Perches for dragons. Some of your best work." Stoick told his son. "Thanks dad, but the credit goes to Selene and Crystal." I turned around and gave them a peace sign. "They told me about these big oak trees back on their island that could withstand a dragons weight." Stoick lifted his mug to me, I smiled in appreciation. Before Stoick could drink, he saw something in his mug. "Well have to move the one over the welll." I quickly got up and took the mugs away from the Vikings and put them in the sink to wash later. "Thanks lass." I nodded my head and went back to the dragons.

"The perches are just the beginning. We could build landing areas for them, maybe even stables in the caves underneath the village and-" I put my hand over his mouth. "Great ideas Hiccup, but one thing at a time." Stoick nodded his head in agreement. "Selene is right son. Remember, Berk is still for people." I then heard lightning from outside, and the dragons noticed it to. "Vikings before dragons." Gobber said. Crystal and Toohtless looked back at him.
"What?" "Yeah i said it. Deal with it." Then there was a load thunderclap, Toothless rushed outside. I rushed after him only to see thunder going everywhere in Berk.

"Oh. The lightning is hitting everywhere." Hiccup was right, but it was only hitting the perches. "It doesn't usually strike here in the village." Gobber then commented on how Thor must be angry. I still don't understand their gods. "The only other time i can remember lightning ever striking Berk-" Then Gobber and Stoick spoke in unison. "Barnstadt!" I looked at Hiccup with a confused look, and he gave one right back at me."Barn who?" We asked in unison. "Juergen Barnstadt. Drifter. Sail into town. He was stealing from widows and old men." Then Gobber took over. "To punish him, Thor gave him a lightning bolt to his helmet when he was fixing the mast on his ship to escape." Then Gobber pointed to a helmet with marks on it.

Crystal came up behind me. "Yikes!" I nodded in agreement. "By the time Thor was finished with him, our whole fleet was on fire." Glad I wasn't here to see that. "We shipped him off the island, and Thor hasn't hit the village since." Gobber finished. Hiccup commented that it was harsh throwing him off the island. People started to scream as lightning made contact with the perches, and houses started to flame. Hiccup and I waved our dragons to follow us. Stoick then told Gobber to start a bucket brigade, while he went to the great hall.

I climbed on Crystal to see if any dragons where caught in the fire. "Whoa!!!" I turned around and saw Toothless take off. He must've gotten spooked. I then saw some of the dragons dump water onto the houses. I then flew over to the others. Hiccup came up to me. "I need your help, I need to find Toothless." Luckily Astrid was next to me. "I just saw him by the great hall." I grabbed Hiccup's hand and he situated himself behind me and we flew to find Toothless. I saw him on a perch but then he flew off when lightning got to close. "Toothless!" Hiccup called out to him. Then I turned my head and saw an old man. He told everyone how the lightning was attracted to Toothless.