Chapter 11-Tunnel Vision

Selene's POV

It was a beautiful day on Berk. It was a few days after the others did a night exercise on Dragon Island. I didn't go because it would be too easy for me. Hiccup told me that Dagur was there and now he knows that Berk rides dragons. But, that's a story for another time. Right now, we're hunting down Gobber to give him a bath. "Selene, he's heading your way!" Hiccup yelled up to me and I saw the big viking trying to get away. "On it!" I told him. "You know what to do!" I told Crystal. "Oh yeah I do!" She roared and fired a plasma blast right at Gobber's feet to prevent his escape. Luckily it worked and Gobber turned around to face us. "I won't do it, Stoick. And you can't make me! None of you can make me!" Gobber yelled as we closed in on him. "Keep him surrounded!" Stoick ordered us. "A viking is supposed to smell this way, it's a badge of honor!" Gobber told us, and I had to disagree. A Terrible Terror climbed up on Gobber and smelled him before gagging and landing in front of Crystal. "Give him a bath! Please!" The Terror begged me as I picked the poor thing up. I saw Meatlug fly by to get to Fishlegs who was trying to get water from the well.

"It's for your own good, Gobber." Stoick told the blacksmith. "Actually, it's for the good of the town and dragons." I added in and the others nodded their heads at me. "Get in the tub!" Stoick ordered his friend while pointing a finger at the tub behind Gobber. Hookfang and Snotlout then landed behind the blacksmith ready to toss him in. But, I knew it wasn't going to last. "Hookfang, toss him in the tub!" Snotlout ordered his dragon. "Ok." But Hookfang tossed his rider into the tub instead and we all just looked at the duo. Snotlout wasn't happy and turned around to face his dragon. "Every, single, time! Doesn't this get old for you?" Snotlout asked his dragon with irritation laced in his voice. "No, not really." Hookfang muttered and I just sighed. I normally enjoy Hookfang's rebellion, but we didn't need it at the moment. Hiccup and I hopped off our dragons and gestured for them to go behind Gobber quietly. "On it." They spoke in unison and made their ways around the back of Gobber. I looked over at Astrid and Stormfly and nodded my head at them, and they nodded their heads back.

"I won't do it, Stoick." Gobber told the chief. "Now, Astrid!" I told the girl. Stormfly took to the air, which distracted Gobber. Toothless and Crystal took the chance and put their heads between Gobber's legs and flung him into the tub. Stoick then went over and held down the blacksmith by his face. "Fishlegs, soap and water." Stoick ordered and the boy was now on Meatlug and came over and I expected a lot of water but, it was a tiny drop. "Fishlegs, we're trying to give Gobber a bath, we need water." I told him with a smile. "I can't, Selene. The well I-it's gone dry." Fishlegs told me and I ran over to the well with Crystal behind me. Stoick and Hiccup then came over and the chief started to pull the bucket up and there wasn't any water. "We just dug that well two summers ago." Stoick told us. "Water doesn't just vanish, I say we investigate." I told the chief and he agreed with me. "We'll have to dig a new well, which means we'll have to ration water." I knew what was coming next, cause I saw Gobber coming this way. "Which means-" I was cut off by Gobber putting his arms around mine and Hiccup's shoulders. One small whiff and I thought I was going to die! "No more baths. Always a silver lining." Poor Hiccup looked like he was gonna hurl.

"I got this." Crystal muttered and she used her tail and sent Gobber away so we didn't have to smell him. "Thanks." Hiccup thanked my sister and she made a coo sound. Hiccup, our dragons and I went to the academy where the others were waiting to discus a plan for the low water. "Ok, we need to figure out a way to keep Berk supplied with water until a new well can be dug." Hiccup told us as he was pacing back and forth. I decided to step in and help the poor boy. "Ruff, Tuff, have Barf and Belch grab the tub and go to Large Lake to fill it, please." I told them and they actually got that. "Ok." They said in unison. I then turned to my human girl best friend, Astrid. We've gotten pretty close, Crystal and Stormfly really get along. "Astrid, Snotlout, go to the mountain streams and fill as many jugs as possible." I told them and Snotlout then started to flirt with Astrid. Astrid grabbed his fingers, stretched his arm out and sent him flying into my boot. "You'll never learn." I told Snotlout as Astrid and I fist-bump. "Fishlegs, you and Meatlug are gonna help Selene and I investigate the well." Hiccup told the boy who looked hesitant.