Chapter 7-Gem of a Different Color

Selene's POV

I was at my island with Crystal checking on the babies. "They're as healthy as ever." I told the mother Nightmare. "Thanks. We're lucky to have you here young one." She then nuzzled into me and I laughed and gave her snout a hug, "You take care now." I told her as they flew off towards their nest. "I'm so proud of my little girl." I saw Thunderstream next to me and I walked over and gave her a hug. "I'm glad to help, mom." I told her. She then wrapped a wing around me and we hugged for a good while. Crystal joined in the hug and then I saw the sun was getting close to setting. "Stay the night. Fly back to Berk tomorrow." Thunderstream told me and I nodded. We then walked over to our tree and Crystal hung upside down with her tail and I just climbed into my make-shift bed. I closed my eyes and soon I was out like a light. I was awoken by the sunlight meeting my face. I sat up and stretched my arms and stood up ready to get back to Berk. Crystal stretched  her wings and I saw her yawning. "I hope we didn't miss anything exciting at Berk." Crystal told me and I just nodded my head. Camo came running out and hopped up on my head. 

"You leaving already?" Camo asked me and I nodded my head. "Yeah, we gotta get back. We'll stop by again soon though, promise." Camo nodded and flew towards his mom. I hoped up onto Crystal's back and we flew towards Berk. When we got there, Toothless, Stormfly and Meatlug were outside the Great Hall. Crystal landed next to the dragons and they were happy to see us. "Are your riders inside?" I asked and they all nodded their heads. Crystal started to play with the dragons while I went inside to find the others, I saw them at a table with the Book of Dragons. "Hey guys." I walked over to them, and they turned their heads to face me. "Hey, Selene? How was the check up on the babies?" Hiccup asked me. "It went well. What's going on?" I asked them and Fishlegs told me about how he accidentally took a Changewing egg. "Oh, not a good idea." I told him and pulled out my sketches of the Changewings on my island. "These are amazing." Astrid told me. "Thanks." I then flipped towards the drawings on the eggs. "That's it!" Fishlegs told me. "You couldn't have known, Fishlegs." I told him but he just stood up walked walked over a bit. "But I should have! I should've known!" Fishlegs told us with frustration laced in his voice.

Hiccup and Astrid then stood up as I put my journal away. "All we know is that it's a good thing you brought that egg back to its mother. Who knows what they would do if the eggs were still here." Hiccup said then the twins walked in carrying a Changewing egg!? "Uh, what's that?" Hiccup asked Tuff. "Oh I don't know. Maybe a lifetime of good luck." Tuff said, then he and his sister head butted and she fell. "I'll take that." Astrid tried to take the egg, but Tuff didn't give it up. "Over my cold, dead body." Tuff told us and he and his sister started to run away. "Where'd you get it?" I yelled out to them. "We traded for it." Ruff told us. "Traded with who?" Hiccup asked and they told us Snotlout. "Oh, I'm gonna kill that little pest." I grabbed my sword and Hiccup quickly grabbed my arm. "We'll go talk to Snotlout, hopefully we can get the eggs back before the Changewings get here." Hiccup told us and he, Astrid and Fishlegs ran out of the Great Hall. "This isn't how I thought I'd come back." I muttered to myself. I ran out of the Great Hall and found the others.

"Any luck?" I asked Hiccup and he just shook his head. "Oh, it's all my fault." Fishlegs told us. "It's not your fault, Fishlegs." Hiccup tried to tell the boy. Fishlegs walked over and saw next to Meatlug. "Yes it is. If I hadn't gone to that island and brought that egg back, then Snotlout wouldn't have known where to go get them, and we wouldn't be in danger of an imminent attack by angry mother Changewings!" Fishlegs told us. "When you put it that way, it really is his fault." I punched Astrid in the arm and gave her a look. "Just saying." She told me. "It doesn't matter who's fault it is. We have to find those eggs before the mothers get here." I told the others and we went to find the twins first. We found them, and Stormfly barely save Tuffnut from becoming a Fireworm flambé. Stormfly sent Tuff skidding on the ground where we were. "Guys that's not a stone of good luck, it's a dragon egg." Hiccup told them and I decided to step in. "And it's mother is a dragon who spits acid and can blend into anything in its environment." I told them. The twins just looked at each other, then back at us.