Chapter 21- Cast out Part 1

Selene's POV

It's been a few weeks since the Smokebreath incident and the letter from my parents. It's also been a few days since the baby Thunderdrums incident and how Stoick let Thornado go to be a father to the three troublemakers. We were now doing an attack and retreat exercise. We would fly close to Gobber and some of the villagers, and they would launch boulders and arrows at us. We were in a clearing away from the village, so then we wouldn't hit any houses. We were getting close, so Toothless let out a roar, letting Gobber know to start the drill. "Catapult, fire!" I heard Gobber yell out, and four boulders were hurling towards us. "Ambush!" Fishlegs shouted out. "Plasma Blast, Crystal." I told my sister. "Way ahead of you." She fired one and destroyed the boulder coming towards us, but there was another one right behind it. Luckily, Meatlug caught it in her mouth and crushed it with her teeth. "Nice job, Meatlug." I complimented the Gronckle and she smiled at me. I was waiting for more boulders to launch, but saw Gobber struggling with his catapult. He finally got it to work after smacking his hammer hand on it. The boulder went right by the twins and their dragon. "That was a little too close!" Belch yelled and Barf agreed. "Whoa! That thing nearly took my head off." Ruff spoke as she was holding her helmet. Tuff liked that and yelled at Gobber to do it again. Hiccup then told us to fall back, but Snotlout refused. "You fall back, I'm gonna finish this." Hookfang then dove in. "That isn't the exercise, Snotlout. Retreat!" I yelled out to the boy but he wasn't listening. I turned back to facing the front, but then I heard Hiccup yell out to me. "Selene, watch out!" I turned my head to see a boulder coming at me! I tried to move away but it nicked my shoulder and I fell off Crystal. "Sis!" Crystal was now diving after me with Hiccup and Toothless next to her. I was yelling out and soon made contact with some trees. My body was hitting the branches and I tried to grab onto them to stop my fall, but I continued to plummet towards the ground. Hiccup reached his arm out to me and I reached my arm out to him, but I lost consciousness before that.

When I started to regain my consciousness, I heard Crystal, Toothless and the other riders and dragons. "Wake up, sis." I heard Crystal and so I forced my eyes open. Once they did, I saw Hiccup had my head on his lap, and the Furies were making a circle around us. The other riders were outside the circle, but here anyway. "W-what happened?" I asked as I struggled to sit up when a shooting pain ran down my head. Hiccup helped me sit up when I heard a familiar roar and voice. I was still trying to process things, but I knew Snotlout and Hookfang just flew in. Crystal was growling at Snotlout with agression,, and so were the other dragons. I then heard Snotlout ask what happened and he then started to blame Hiccup for the exercise. Hiccup carefully handed me over to Astrid who was kneeling next to me. "You have no idea what you did, do you?" Hiccup asked Snotlout with anger in his voice. "Hookfang and I made the coolest trick shot ever is what happened." Snotlout bragged. "You almost got Selene killed!" Hiccup yelled at the boy. Crystal came over and let Astrid hand me over to her so now I was wrapped up in her wings, but still being able to see what was happening. "No I didn't and besides she's fine." Snotlout tried to cover up what he did. "Yes you did!" Astrid yelled and ran over to Snotlout to strangle him, but Hiccup caught her before she could touch the boy. "Easy there, Astrid." Hiccup told the girl. "I'm gonna kill you." Astrid shoved Hiccup's arms away and came back over to us. She continued how she was going to strangle the boy though. I put my hand to my head, trying to ease the pain. "What happened exactly?" I asked Astrid. "All I remember is a boulder flying at me, then Hiccup, Toothless and Crystal trying to catch me." I finished. "That muttonhead set off a catapult and the boulder went flying at you." Astrid told me. I tried nodding, but couldn't due to the pain. I then saw Hookfang blast fire at his rider, and decided to listen. "And 1-A." Snotlout told my frustrated boyfriend. "Exactly. How can we rely on you when you won't do what we ask?" Hiccup asked the boy with anger still in his voice. Toothless came over so he was sitting next to Crystal and I and nuzzled into us. I patted his head in appreciation. "The what are you saying, Hiccup?" Snotlout asked the boy with his arms crossed. "I'm saying, until further notice, you're suspended from the academy." That caught all of us off guard. I looked at Crystal and Toothless and they seemed happy with that answer. "Serves that moron right." Crystal muttered and Toothless nodded in agreement. I then saw Snotlout get on Hookfang and fly off. Hiccup sighed and came back over to us. "That doesn't look like he's grounded, more like, skying." Tuff told his twin. Hiccup sat down next to Crystal and she let him pull me into his arms. "You really didn't have to do that, babe." I told the boy.