Part Thirteen: Going After Jack Frost

Polaris sniffed around his cage. He could sense Elsa was not far off. Polaris looked up and whimpered. Why was he stuck in here? He had only been protecting Elsa.

Using his paw, Polaris pawed at the bars around his cage. They seemed to be made of ice like everything else in the castle.

Polaris was deeply saddened. How was he to get out of here? In frustration he started to bite and gnaw at the ice bars.

It was like a miracle happened then. The ice bar Polaris was biting on started to melt! Surprised, Polaris bit harder into it. The bar cracked and snapped in half leaving a small hole Polaris was able to worm his way out of.

Polaris was encouraged now. Now he knew he could free Elsa. Putting his snout to the ground, he followed Elsa's scent to her cell.

"Polaris?" Elsa asked hearing the wolf approach.

Polaris made a quiet woof in response as he slipped through the bars of Elsa's cell.

"What are you doing here?" Elsa asked as she was surprised that the wolf had not run off without her.

Polaris ran to the chain that connected one of Elsa's hands to wall. He prayed he could achieve another miracle as he gnawed on the chain.

Polaris was not the little wolf puppy Elsa had found abandoned in the clearing anymore. He was maturing into quite a handsome young wolf.

"Polaris you can't possibly bite through solid steel..." Elsa said quietly.

Polaris looked at her with determination in his single eye. He was determined to set her free. Elsa had saved him, now he was returning the favor.

Though Polaris's jaws were aching from how hard he was biting he refused to give up.

Then the miracle he had prayed for happened. Polaris's fangs glowed with a bright intensity. The steel chain began to melt in his mouth. The chain then snapped leaving one of Elsa's hands free. The cuff of the shackle was still around her wrist but she was still free from the wall.

"Polaris..." Elsa started in a surprised tone. She then smiled. "Seems like you have your own magic."

The one-eyed white wolf seemed to smile as he worked on the other chain. This time Elsa was able to provide help as she blasted ice on the chain.

In no time at all Elsa was freed from her prison. After breaking through the bars both Elsa and Polaris stopped in front of the wall of ice Anna had made.

Polaris scratched at it with his claws causing the ice to melt. The two companions ran through the hole he had made in search of Anna.

Though they both had very different reasons. Elsa wanted to find her sister in order to exact revenge. Polaris on the other hand could sense maybe Anna could help Elsa. He knew deep down she wasn't evil and had a more kinder and gentler spirit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So like Elsa, the cold honestly didn't bother Anna. She wasn't affected by it much, neither was Olaf, a man made of snow, why would this awful weather bother him? The two of them walked through the blizzard, the ground so densely packed it was like walking on solid ice. For what had seemed like hours, they made it to a point where they could no longer see the ice castle behind them, but it was also where nothing was visible in front of them either. Between them, there wasn't much talking, only light conversation when it seemed the silence had spread on to long. But in the long run, Anna couldn't stand just hearing the harsh wind blow around them anymore.

"So Olaf," She started. "Tell me more about the Rosetta shard. What does it do?" The snowman glanced up at Anna skeptically, but then smiled. It seemed that the still falling snow kept getting caught on the snowman.