Part Seventeen: Horrible Fates

Anna could only stare back at her crazed sister. In a way, both sisters reflected how much they were changing. Each of them couldn't handle it and it was only making things worse. Anna knew her sister was too focused on the thought of killing her to notice the shard at all. Slowly, the Rosetta shard was slipped out of sight as Anna staggered forward. It seemed everyone, and even the cave itself, was holding their breaths at the tension.

"Elsa..." Anna breathed, sounding relieved and exhausted all the same. "You came all this way to see me?" It was as if Anna herself had forgotten that this enraged snow queen was on a rampage for bloodshed.

Elsa stood confused, her hand still raised.

"I did come to see you." She replied, her words sloppy and blurring together.

"What is this? Who are these people?" Elsa questioned in the same way.

She looked around at the surrounding people, watching them intently. Elsa then looked back to Anna staggering towards her. With each step she took, Elsa stiffened.

"These are my friends... They have helped me run away from you..." Anna had started with a weak smile, but then frowned slightly. "B-but I don't want to do that anymore... I'm tired of running..." As Anna step forward again, she nearly lose her balance and stumble over, but she caught herself out of pure luck. "I'm hurt Elsa. Very badly."

"How?" Elsa asked. Her hand faltered for a moment but remained raised.

Deep inside Elsa's heart it pained her to see her sister like this but Elsa buried the feeling deep inside herself.

Elsa's old self was starting to break free from the dark magic that concealed it. Seeing Anna so close to death and in so much pain was quickly tearing down the dark magical barriers around her heart.

"Y-you." The one simple word. That's all it took to see the shock on her face. Elsa looked so stunned that her eyes reflected the conflicting sides of her two halves. "I'm this way because of you..." Anna continued with a sad smile her words hitting deep nerves on her sister. Anna gripped the shard behind her back tightly, keeping in the tears.

"H-How did I do this to you?" Elsa asked. Her voice softened a bit though it was full of concern.

Her hand faltered again and she slowly lowered it.

Seeing Anna this hurt was snapping her back to reality along with bringing back some of her sanity.

Elsa was oblivious to the fact Anna concealed the shard behind her back. For now Elsa was only focused on the fact her sister was badly hurt.

"Your anger, your want... Your need to eliminate me from your life got so intense just a short while ago that it was felt throughout this region. It blasted me to the head. Like... Like when we were kids. Only that was harmless..."

Everyone knew what instantly flashed through the sisters minds. The day their lives changed forever. The day they truly lost one another.

"Higher Elsa, higher!" Shouted young Anna with joy and happiness, jumping upon snow banks her sister kept making. Elsa was smiling at first... but it faltered when she realized she couldn't keep up.

"Slow down!" Elsa warned, her eyes widening. But young Anna had not heard. She jumped off the tall mountain of snow with a gleeful laugh, not realizing herself that there was not another pile to catch her. Elsa gasped her hand outstretched, as if she could reach and grab Anna from mid air.

"ANNA!" The unmistakable power left her fingertips and there was a soft groan of pain as Anna now lay unconscious beside the snow pile. Elsa was stunned. She didn't know what to do... Elsa ran to her sister and in an instant had Anna's head in her lap.