Part Six: Cold and Dark

The Hooded Girl

Anna was trying hard not to lose her control, but the more the hooded figure kept provoking the arrows closer on her, the more she felt threatened and liable to freeze them both, horse and rider, right there.

"P-please..." Anna pleaded. "Put your weapon down..." But this struck up a new anger in the girl. She jumped off her horse and came closer to Anna.

"Why? Are you going to freeze me like that poor town of people?" She spat. Anna widened her eyes. So this girl thought the winter was her fault? Of all things?!

"B-but I didn't..." Anna tried explaining, but the girl jumped closer.

"Oh don't lie!" She screamed. "The white hair? Eyes almost as clear as the sky? I'm not stupid you know!" Frightened, Anna backed up, nearly tripping. Now she knew this was dangerous territory.

"I never said-". Anna whimpered.

"Why would you do this? Freeze a town of innocent people and whole entire land?" Anna kept shaking her head, and this time... She did trip. But so far her magic was keeping itself under control. The only thing was is that now it got even colder. If that was possible.

"I didn't-" Anna yelped.

"They don't deserve this!" Jack jumped in front of Anna to keep the hooded girl and her apart.

"Stop! You aren't making things any better." Then, for the first time since this girl made herself known, she glanced seat from Anna, then step back, almost like she was in shock.

"Jack?" She whispered in disbelief. Jack scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

"Do we know each other?" The girl nodded and took down her hood. Flaming red hair spilled out of it, and a pale girl with caribbean blue eyes shone from the darkness of the cloak she was wearing. Jack suddenly gasped.

"Merida?" She nodded with a huge smile on her face. "Oh my gosh... Merida!" He ran to her and wrapped his arms around her middle, she did the same around his neck.

"It's been so long!" The girl, Merida cried. "Did you ever find that 'other girl'? The one like you? Is it her?" She glanced at Anna disapprovingly, but only for a second.

"No. This is Anna. The girl I found, her name was Elsa... And she's the cause of this." Merida gasped. Her eyes went wide with disbelief and Anna took this time of focus not on her, to regather herself. She stood up slowly.

"W'why would she do this?" Merida asked trembling, her accent heavily coated from excitement and anxiousness. Jack shuddered slightly. He seemed to not want to talk about it. Merida understood and turned to Anna once again.

"You then. Explain this to me." She demanded sharply. Anna flinched but just solemnly nodded.

So she explained it all. About she and her sisters coronation, Jack being made visible, them fleeing to Corona, Hans following them, Elsa starting this eternal storm, the back fire on magic and how Elsa was frozen, how they met Rapunzel and Eugine, then finally the change of heart from Elsa. How she turned cruel and dark, changing her attitude on many levels... how Anna herself was nearly killed twice this very day. By now tears were spilling down her face.

"She didn't mean any of this! Elsa is just confused... she... she doesn't know what she is doing, who she is hurting!" Anna cried. Jack stood beside her silently for comfort. Merida although didn't drop her serious look. It seemed now her eyebrows were drawn together, like she was thinking hard about something.

"You said Hans used a hand held mirror to deflect Elsa's magic back at her self?" Merida questioned more to herself than Anna, but she answered anyway.