Part One: Accidents and Magic

The Kingdom of Arendelle

Problematic Ice Magic

Elsa lay in her bed fast asleep while dreaming of the next day's activities. It was probablly past twelve in the night and she had been in bed since nine, as that was her bed time. Elsa shared her room with her sister, Anna.

The two sisters were quite close. Nothing could separate one from the other. Elsa was the quieter of the two and rarely talked since she was so shy. Anna on the other hand was always excitable and eager to experience new things. Anna made up for Elsa's shyness since she did most of the talking. Even if Elsa did speak more, Anna would still be the more talkative of the two.

In the dark of the night, Anna woke up. She had just had the most magical dream! Like every night, she dreamt that she and her sister would run off. To live in a giant ice castle her sister would build. Taller than any sky scraper and far more beautiful then any fair maiden. Together the siblings would rule over the icy lands as queens.
This is why Anna always encouraged Elsa to use her magic. The more she practiced, the more her dream would become reality. Quietly, Anna crept over to her sisters bed and climbed up on it, gently prodding at Elsa's shoulder.

"Elsa... Elsa, wake up, wake up!"
Elsa could feel Anna prodding her in her sleep. She grunted and sunk deeper into the sheets of her bed. Still Anna did not give up and prodded her harder. Elsa let out another grunt to let Anna know she just wanted to sleep..

"Get back to sleep Anna." Elsa grummbled. Anna layed ontop of her sister and sighed dramatically.
"But I can't... The sky's awake, so I'm awake... So we have to go and play!" She replied stoubbornly looking up at the roof of her sisters four poster.
"Go play by yourself..." Elsa replied pushing Anna off of her and knocking her to the floor. Elsa then snuggled deeper into the covers and started to doze off again..

For a second Anna frowned, not wanting to admit defeat, but then... An idea came to mind! Without skipping a beat she bounced onto the bed again and leaned over her sister with a sly smile.

"Do you wanna build a snowman...?"
Elsa smilied and looked up at Anna, indicating she did. Elsa loved an excuse to use her powers. Her parents never really liked them. They always seemed upset when she used them.

Anna held Elsa's hand as they burst through a large heavy wooden set of doors into a main hallway of their castle. With high pitched laughter and high excitment, Anna bounced on the balls of her feet, hands clasped together as her eyes were lit up with the wonder of seeing beautiful ice powers once again. The same ice powers that would make her dream come true!

"Do the magic! Do the magic!" Anna pleaded in a playful tone, trying to keep her voice quiet enough not to wake their parents.

"Okay! Okay!" Elsa told Anna putting her finger to her lips to let Anna know she should be quieter. Using her hands she created a small ball of ice and showed it to Anna.

"Ready?" She asked. With anticipation, Anna bobbed her head quickly. She smiled and stared at the swirling magic within her sisters hand. At this moment she wished that she was able to do the same. But she knew she wasn't born with the power. The ice had chosen Elsa. And only her.
Elsa smilied at her sister's excitement and threw the ball of ice into the air. The ball of ice promptly exploded and it began to lightly snow. Anna clapped in amazement as the soft white specks began to turn the solid ground of the palace floor into ice. She spread her weight evenly as she glided across it effortlessly. Elsa, with another swirl of her hand built up mounds of snow, even the snow man that Anna had pursuaded her out here in the first place. Elsa got behind the snowman and held its stick arms to imitate a voice.

"Hi! I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs!" She bellowed. Anna ran up to the snow man and hugged it tightly.

"I love you Olaf!" She smiled hugly and ice skated with her new friend for awhile. She let her snowman glid off as she saw a small pile of fluffy white snow. Anna smiled again and jumped on the pile.