Part Eighteen: Together we are Strong

There was still silence between everyone in the cave. No one dared move or make the tiniest sound. While Elsa was still confused, everyone else wondered how Elsa was let free from the statue of ice.

The ice Queens hair was back to it's platinum blonde now, and her dress was its original ice sequin blue. It was as if the ice had cleansed the evil from Elsa, leaving her weak and vulnerable.

Jack was stunned to say the least. So many emotions were running through him, but one out powered them all: relief. As much as he wanted to run out and hug his lifelong best friend, he found he couldn't. His feet resisted to move as his brain told them

"Jack." Elsa had said again, this time not so questionably because she knew it was him. "Where's Anna?" And then slowly, the Queen glanced around at the group of misfit people. Most of them looked strange to her except Jack. "Who are all these people?"

Along with the cleansing of Elsa's being, it had seemed to take the dark memories away. She looked lost and unaware of almost everything. And even though the question had been asked, no one, not even Pitch had something to say.

Jack didn't have the heart to answer her questions. To tell her the happenings over the past weeks would take forever and shatter what was left of her own heart. He didn't have the willpower to show her the cold hard truth. So instead, he looked past Elsa with sad bearing eyes, as did everyone else behind him. Pitch was standing off to the side, waiting for Elsa's recognition so he could end her.

Elsa was confused as to why no one was talking, or for that matter answering anything she had asked. This made her scared and she feared the worst. Slowly, she attempted to stand up on her weak legs. And then, when she was being supported, she took a shaky movement to turn around. Right there, frozen in a hugging position, was the statuette of her sister. But Elsa didn't say anything. She just stared at the ice with curiosity.

This couldn't be Anna. Elsa tried to reassure herself. Anna was somewhere else, safe from her ice magic. The way it should be.

Elsa reached her hand out, and allowed her fingers to glide along the ice surface then fall back down to her side. The tense silence was getting suffocating.

"She's gone Elsa." Pitch suddenly said with a big twisted smirk. He swiftly circled over to the right side of the ice statuette and glanced up at curious Elsa. "A sister's terrible tragedy really. The tale of how the older sister was afraid to hurt her younger sister, so she ran away. In the end, it only led to the downfall of one of them. The one who tried to make things right and never gave up. The one who loved her sister no matter what..." Pitch smiled then, pausing for great effect. "And do you know who that tale is based off of? No?" Pitch stood up, one hand in a fist behind his back, and the other hand also in a fist up to his mouth as he cleared his throat. "Queen Elsa, and Princess Anna, of Arendelle."

Elsa stared at the ice statue in silence before saying, "That's not true. I would never hurt Anna intentionally."

She turned around and looked at Jack for confirmation. Elsa was stunned by Jack's silence. He should be right there with her, confirming what she'd said. But instead he said nothing.

Elsa knew she was going to have to ask then even though she already knew the answer was, "No".

"Right, Jack?" Elsa asked. "I would never hurt Anna internationally."

Elsa stared into Jack's eyes awaiting his answer but was greeted with more silence.

Pitch gave a deep chuckle at the Queens stunned expression. He stroked the statuette in slow admiration.

"It's alright my Queen. She looks more at peace this way." He looked up with an evil grin. "She doesn't have to try to win your love anymore because you're too far gone to save. Elsa this is your fault."