eight

Just pretend screens and portable phones existed

1924

Emori breathed in and out. Looking at her reflection from the mirror. Her hair was longer. She had no makeup on. The scar above her heart haunted her. She almost died and was in a coma for two months. Now she's on the run since her location got compromised. Her past was catching up to her. The government has a bounty on her head. Which is the cherry on top

She sighed washing her hands and splashing water on her face. She grabbed the paper towels patting her face dry. She wiped the tears that spilt from her eyes. She looked down at screen that contained Ross sending in swat to "arrest her".

She ringed Rosses phone making him answer on the second ring. "Yeah"

"Don't do this" I said irritated.

"Do what" Ross asked.

"Come after me" I said in a duh tone. "I mean, you're embarrassing yourself. It looks desperate"

"Thought maybe you'd be calling me to cut a deal" I put him on speaker. "Cause from my vantage point" I sighed putting on a grey sweater. I looked sick. I haven't slept in days. My hair grew longer. The expensive clothes I once wore were replaced by a black tank top and trousers. I had on white sneakers that Americans use.

"It's the federal fugitive who's desperate" Ross said making me roll my eyes.

"From my vantage point, you look like you could use some bed rest. What is this, your second triple bypass" I asked pushing his buttons.

"I wouldn't worry about me. We got Barton, we got Wilson and that other guy, the incredible shrinking convict. Rodgers is on the run. You got no friends" He stated. "Where you gonna go"

"I've lived a lot of lives before I met you, Ross. You shouldn't have gone to all this trouble. I'm done" I stated confidently hanging up.

I took a deep breath before opening the bathroom door and walking out. I opened the blue metal door walking out to the cold air. Mountains surrounded the ship. I walked to the end of the ship putting the phone on the edge sliding the phone off.

It splashed in the water. I walked away getting in my car.

~
Norway

I opened the car door putting in the bag of groceries. I got in driving to the trailer. Once I arrived I finished all my tea. I got out pulling out my gun. I sped walked to the trailer door. I opened it walking in. I pointed my gun but put it down when I saw a sleeping figure on my bed.

I smiled knowing who it was . I opened the door making it creek. I bent down kicking his leg making him wake up. "Your in my bed"

"I'm... I'm not even under the covers" Handerson said with his British accent.