fifthteen

two years later

two years later...1925

  Everything has changed. For the Shelby's. For Emory. Guilt is what she felt 3 years ago. When she faked her death and left behind her family. But now she could return to Birmingham where she is needed. But now she can't feel any remorse. Mostly when the whole Shelby clan including her got the black hand.

  She thought her death was a secret. For one she didn't care that she got a black hand. She's gotten worse. But she knew the Shelby's couldn't fend for themselves.

  Yelena is in America with her new husband Jack. Hes great and rich. His family owns all of Italy. Yelena was finally living her own life without being controlled. They had their wedding in Italy of course.

Emory was so happy for them. But now she has to prepare to go back to her family. She's in New York currently in her big ass penthouse. It's just her in it. She's changed the past 3 years.

  She's gotten curvier. Honestly bigger boobs. And a little more bitcher. She's never felt more like herself until now. Her number one enemy is dead. Which for everyone's sake is better. Her hair has gotten longer and blonder.

  She got up from the couch going over to the shooting room. She picked up the gun and aimed towards the shooting paper. After her rounds she pushed the button making the paper come forward.

  All her shots were in the head and heart. Emory has gotten more dangerous and better at combat and shooting. She knows she has.

  The phone rang. She knew Yelena was going to call. Emory walked over to the phone picking it up with her freshly new manicure. It was a dark red color. Her favorite color.

"Hello Yelena" Emory said before her sister even said anything. Yelena laughed over the phone.

  "Hello Emory" Yelena said with her fake British accent. "I have some news" Emory walked over the the couch being the phone with her. The cord was long enough since it was on top of the counter next to the couch. "Jack told me about the Shelby's, Thomas made a deal with someone dont ask who because I don't know but as I was saying this deal made his whole family get sent to prison which they all hate him for"

  Emory scrunched her eyebrows. She always knew how Tommy was when it came to his business. He made selfish decisions that hurts his family in a way. But she always knew he somehow make it work. She knew that they all got the black hand but didn't know that they all hated Tommy.

  Emory was leaving New York tomorrow morning. "Are you sure your ready to go back" Yelena asked. "I know how all of this traumatized you"

  Emory was indeed traumatized on how this whole thing went down. Her heart stopping for 2 minutes and being in a coma for a month is a lot to take in. Emory never talked about any of that until her and Yelena sat down and had a deep conversation about everything.

  She missed her child and everyone else. She of course had her feelings aside and never really talked about them. Sure she would feel a certain way about them but she never ever talked about them.

She felt depressed and alone more then ever these past years. When she was with Tommy she felt complete but after getting shot her heart felt empty.

"Yelena I promise you I'll talk to a therapist about all of this" Emory said softly to her sister. Emory just said what Yelena wanted to hear.

Yelena chuckled "Are you saying that to please me" she asked her sister who smiled.

"I think we both know the answer to that Yelena" Emory laughed along with her sister.

After a while they said their goodbyes and hung up. Emory got up walking to the balcony. It was cold but it felt nice against her skin. Emory hugged herself and looked into the city.

She took a deep breath closing her eyes. She wasn't at peace with her life right now.
——————————————————
Finger Lakes Railway 7:00am

Emory walked with her hands in her coat jacket. She wore a all white pant suit with a white soft coat. She paired it with a white hat and white gloves. She had her hair in a low bun since she did not want her hair in her face. She wore heels that were clear. It didn't matter since her pants covered half her foot.

She was decked out in diamonds all in favor of Lorenzo. She paired her whole outfit with a vintage Chanel bag.

She walked with confidence throughout the train station. People turned their heads to look at the blonde.

  Once she checked in, she walked to her room when someone bumped into her. She sighed looking up at the man. He was a tall Italian man. He had a tattoo on the side of his neck. He was wearing a suit. He looked at the blonde up and down. "my apologies" he said.

She smiled softly looking at him "your good" he stuck his hand out.

  "Luca Changretta" she stuck her hand out and shook it.

  She quickly thought of name "Lana" she smiled at the man who was looking at her. He was about to say something until another man tapped on his shoulder and whispered something in his ear.

  "It was nice meeting you, Tesoro" He walked away with the man following.

Emory scrunched her eyebrows but shook her head. "Men" she rolled her eyes walking to her room. Little did she know she just interacted with someone who wants her whole family dead including her. Thank the lord no one knows how she looks like.

  She settled in getting out a book. She knew this ride to Birmingham would take a while. She also knew that the ride there would feel like eternity. She was nervous about going back. Seeing everyone especially Tommy is overwhelming for her.

  She knew that her marriage would not be the same. She knew that nothing would ever be the same. She was scared to even go back. Maybe Yelena was right, maybe she's not ready.

Emory was just overthinking this. Not like she didn't fake her death and left behind everything. Yeah cause that won't cause any problems she thought to herself. Her mind was going 100 miles per second. She closed her eyes breathing out. She set her head back calming down. The sound of the rain calmed her down. Tiredness took over her.