seventeen

2 hours later

2 hours later...
  It was silent. With just the two sitting in silence. Emory told him everything and when I say everything I mean everything. Tommy was in shock looking at the women he thought he lost. He didn't know what to feel. He felt angry, sad, happy, confused about all of it.

  "So what you mean to tell me is that your a trained assassin who killed over a hundred people and faked your death because your number one enemy knew where you lived and was going to kill you and all of us" Thomas said.

Emory looked anywhere but in his eyes and sighed. "Yes, Thomas that's basically what happened"

  "Why didn't you just tell me what was going on"

  "Because he  would have literally killed you all if he found out you knew" Emory shook her head looking at her husband. "This wasn't just some person that you could just kill and everything would be fine" She looked towards the fireplace.

"I could have helped you. But you decided that the only way out was by faking your death" He said leaning back towards the couch. Her eyes were watering.

  "But I couldn't" Her voice was low. So low. She was on the verge of breaking down and crying. She had that feeling in her throat that hurt so bad from holding in your cries. She couldn't breath. It felt like someone was sitting on her chest.

  She got up from the couch. She took off her furry jacket throwing it on the couch. She walked towards his desk grabbing a cigarette she grabbed the lighter and lit the cigarette. She doesn't smoke like that anymore since she had Charles.

  "I couldn't tell anyone. It would have put you in danger" Emory said quietly. But enough for him to hear. "It would have put the whole family in danger"

  Emory was scared. She didn't know how he would react to her coming back. If things were still going to be the same. They were across the room from each other. Same room but still felt 100 miles away from each other.

  Tommy stood up from the couch and walked over to her. She looked up at him. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you anything. I should have told you who I was from the start" her eyes were watering. "I was scared and usually I'm never scared but I was scared he was going to kill all of you"

  He shook his head "it's okay, it's okay" he grabbed her face in between his hands . "Your back that's all that matters now" she nodded softly. They looked in each others eyes slowly pulling in. It's been a long time since their last kiss. She doesn't even remember the last time she felt his lips.

   They both turned away when they heard a car coming to the drive way. "What the fuck"

  Tommy walked to the window and opened the curtain a little bit. "Who is it" Emory asked.

  "I don't know" Tommy walked over to the closet grabbing a gun. "No one is supposed to be coming right now" Emory quickly walked over to the table near the fire place grabbing the gun that was attached underneath the table. Tommy looked over at her with his eyebrows scrunched.