56✨💕

~MICHELLE~

My mum announced that we will be getting jamb forms,there's no way I'm going to let that happen,time to enter her bad book.

"Mummy,I don't want to write jamb....."I stated with a little bit of fear.

"You will write next year then since you aren't ready."She replied.

"No,I don't want to write jamb because I don't want to study in Nigeria..."

"Then you will go to Ghana."

"No,mum,I want to study abroad..."

"There's no money for that!."

"There is but you don't want to put your pride and stubbornness aside for your kids."

"Michelle!, why are you being selfish?!."Mason yelled.

"What do you mean by I'm selfish?!."I yelled back.

"You are just like him,you don't think about anybody,you think I don't know why you want to study in Nigeria so bad!." He argued.

"I'm talking to my mother not you so stay out of this...mummy,studying in the US will be better than Nigeria,you know the academic situation in this country,ASUU strike and all that....mum.. please,dad got the cash,I'm his child,I have every right to use his money,it will be unfair if his other family gets it all.."I pleaded.

"I won't let him sponsor your education."She replied.

"Mum..."

"That's enough...you are going to get jamb forms tomorrow,I don't care,you are scared of ASUU strike then you will go to private university,pick any one of your choice."

"I don't want to go there, private university is like boarding school..."

"So you want to freedom to misbehave?!."She barked at me which made me flinch.

"No....why can't you just end this,he's my dad and I'm his child,he wants to sponsor my education since you have been doing that for us since secondary school,he's trying to lift the heavy weight on your shoulders."

"Did she tell you she's complaining,it's funny how you can switch sides from mum to dad all because of a guy."Mason said.

"A guy?."My mum asked him.

"Oh,so this is about Walker's son."She nodded her as she thought.

"No,it's not.."

"Enough,I have had enough,I'm your mother and father and you will obey me,you are not going to take any offer especially from that man."

"Mum,why does it always have to be about you,I hardly get what I want,it's always your choice,what about what I want?."I cried.

"Enough with the question!."She silenced me.

"Earlier you realize that you are studying in Nigeria,the better for you,let this statement sink into that your dumb brain."Mason stated.

"Shut up!,you are the cause of everything,you have always been the rebel in this family,you were the one who always made dad angry,here you are acting like a saint as if you didn't make us bankrupt at a time when you wasted money on useless things,the main reason why dad got tired of us and always passed the blame on mum was you!,stop acting like we don't know all these things....you..."I got slapped by my mum before I could finish my statement.

"How dare you bring up the past?!,all because of what?!, Mason was still foolish then,your father wasn't patient enough or had time to discipline him."My mum made an excuse.