Chapter 32

Lucas's POV

I fixed a day to hangout with my girlfriend,Michelle. I wasn't actually sure if she actually liked me that was the major reason for our hang-out.

It was 9:00AM when I woke up by the sound of my phone ringing.

Who the hell wants to blow up my phone!

I checked my phone to see an unknown number.

Mysterious

I wanted to call back and ask who it was but I thought against it,I was still battling with my subconscious whether or not to call back when my phone rang again. I answered the call and waited for the caller to speak first,a sweet feminine voice spoke

"Hello"

Could it be?

"Who's this?" I asked.

Silence

"I said who is this?"I asked again,the tone of my voice already loud.

"Jo....Joan"She stuttered.

"Joan?"

"Yes"

"What's the reason for you wanting to blow up my phone with your calls,what do you want!"I bellowed.

"Calm...down..I want,I mean can we meet up?"She asked in a low tone.

"Why?"

"I want to talk to you about something in person"She stated,her voice still low.

"I can't,I'm busy"

"Please....I won't take too much of your time,I promise,just 15 minutes,please"She beseeched.

"Okay...where? because you can't come to my house and I don't want to go to yours"

"What about the mall...yeah...the mall.."She stammered,not sure if I would agree.

"Which mall?"

"Asaba mall......ShopRite"

"Okay then,text me when you are ready"I replied before ending the call.

After picking Michelle from her house,I drove straight to the mall,I knew she was going to ask me questions so I lied to her that I wanted to buy few things,I didn't want her to follow me inside because I knew the war between her and Joan,they literally hate each other and just imagine how Michelle will feel when she sees Joan,I know I'm dumb for trying to see Joan again,we had a bad break up after I caught her having a makeout session with Jace Walker.

The guy she told me not to worry about

The same guy she said she considered as a brother and bestfriend

The same guy.....

"Dozie"

I heard my name from behind as I stepped out from ShopRite supermarket after buying the things I lied about to Michelle,I knew that voice,that voice that made my heart skip a beat. I turned to see who it was and yes my guess was right

"Hey"I replied,faking the cold and harsh expression I had earlier on the phone.

"I'm surprised you didn't ditch me"She grinned.

"What did you want to talk about?"A frown already on my face.

"I...

"Just be quick about it,I have somewhere to be"I was already wasting time.