Chapter 30

*knock knock*

I opened the door slightly to see Lucas standing in front of me.

"Hey,Mich,can we talk?"

"Sure,come in"I opened the door wide,gesturing for him to come in.

"No,actually,I want us to talk privately at the pool side"He said.

"Umm..okay,give me 5 minutes"

"Okay,I will be waiting for you outside"He replied before leaving.

Talk about what ?

I changed into an overall,the beach outing was fun and also mysterious because Jace kept stealing glances at me and both Lucas and Jace kept glaring at each other all times their eyes met,I wonder what's up with them

Olivia was already asleep,she seemed tired from the outing

Mason's princess

I smiled and walked out of the room to meet Lucas at the pool side,the hotel looked beautiful at night especially the pool,if I didn't know better,I would dip myself into it but I love my life and I need to see the beautiful faces of my children.

"Hey"I greeted.

"Hey"He replied as he took his eyes from his phone and diverted them to me.

"So what did you want to talk about?"I was so curious because that statement means alot of things.

You guys aren't dating so it's not a breakup line

Right.

"I would love if we hang out at my house when we get back"He grinned, as if what he said made sense.

"Lucas,you actually brought me here to tell me this and what about your parents,won't they be around?"

"They aren't always around,always travelling here and there all in the name of business"He stated with a glint of sadness in his eyes.

"One thing,you and Oliee have in common"I tried to lighten the atmosphere.

Lame.

"Hey,I noticed something"

"What did you notice?"I perked my eyebrow at him.

"All the times I visited,I never saw your dad,is he dead?"

I was the one with a sad look in my eyes this time.

"I'm sorry,I didn't mean to...."

"It's okay,he is not dead,my parents are divorced"I forced a smile.

I could still see curiosity in his eyes so I decided to help him.

"I know you wondering so let me help you"I chuckled.

"Well..."I cleared my throat before I began.

"I used to have a perfect family,I had the best dad in the world or so I thought, everything was just like the happily ever after for my mum but it ended shortly when my elder brother died"I began,my eyes already getting wet.

"He died in a fire explosion, although we never found his body because almost all the bodies was burnt beyond recognition,his death affected my family..."

"You had another brother aside Mason?"Lucas cut me short by asking and I nodded in response.

"His death affected my family especially my dad,he blamed my mum for his death,he said if she didn't send him out that day,he wouldn't have died,he formed the habit of coming home late in the name of business meeting,we knew it was a lie, anytime my mum confronted him on his new habit,he would flare up and insult her..."I continued.