Chapter 24: Annoying Aunt

Michelle's POV

"NEPA!!"
Maya screamed from her room,I immediately looked up to see the lights,I knew what was going to happen next and I'm so not loosing this time...

I jumped out of my bed and out of my room,hurried downstairs as fast I could before he could beat me to it,taking 3 steps instead of one at a time but he was smarter,he took the slide of the stairs.

When we got to the living room,we were struggling for the TV remote.

"Ha!! I'm in charge once again"

"In charge?! I got it first"

"Let it go joor"

"I'm not releasing this thing"

"Ouch my hand"

"Leave it o!"

We screamed on top of our voices, struggling for the remote like the way Nigerians struggle for food at parties unfortunately NEPA thought they had a better way of resolving this argument,so they took the light.

"Shit!!"

"Stupid Nigerian electricity"

"Oya release it na"

"Never!!"

"Mummy!!Welcome back"Maya screamed,running to hug my mum.

Our mum's arrival made us drop the remote instantly.

You must be wondering why we are fighting,okay let me explain.

Anytime there was electricity,Mason would always be in charge of the remote whenever my mum wasn't around,he would end up watching Sports channel or action movies which was boring as hell!!

He claimed he had the right to be in charge since he was the oldest

My foot!!

Sometimes we would join him in watching sports

WWE to be precise

Sometimes we would go to our mother's room to watch TV when we got tired of pestering him to change the channel

Annoying twin !!

But we got tired of it so we decided the first person to get the remote would be in charge for the whole day,so that's the reason.

"Good evening,mummy"We both greeted her acting composed.

"Evening"

"Mason,put on the generator and Michelle serve me my food"She stated walking to her room to take a shower.

"Yes mummy"We both replied.

"Get out of my way"

"Hello?!I'm not in your way"

"Don't try me o"

"Can't you pass the other way?Must you pass here"

"I'm the oldest I choose where to pass"

"Ordinary 3 minutes seniority is catching you,better pass the other side except you want continue standing "I stated folding my arms.

"Move joor"He pushed me out of the way.

"Mu...mmm...y!"My mouth was covered as I tried to scream.

"Sorry"He apologized before leaving.

"Better"I muttered.

After the generator has been put on, I warmed the food,served my mum the remaining Jollof rice and meat in the pot with water.

After she finished eating,she went to the living room and changed the channel to Zeeworld,making a frown appear on Mason's face. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw his facial expression.