Chapter 8-Truth

Michelle's POV

My sleep was interrupted by the knock on my door,I told whoever it was to come in,hoping it was my mum.It happened to be Jace,I was surprised and actually became uncomfortable.
Why are you uncomfortable now that he is here,you don't still like him,Do you ?
No I don't like him.
Then good,get your shit together.
What if he brings up the kiss.
He won't.
How do you know that,is not as if you are in his mind or something.

I argued with my subconscious

"Hellloooo!!Michelle"Jace said bringing me back to reality.
"I hope you are not here to make out with me in my mother's house"I said jokingly.
"No na!I don't want to die now and if we ever want to make out,it won't be here"He said in a flirty manner while winking at me.

Michelle,Do not fall for this!!!

"Emm... alright"I said while blushing.
"So Tobi is about to be our in-law!Wow! and you didn't tell me,I feel sad"He said with puppy eyes.
Arrgh!!He is so cute,why didn't I kiss him when I had the chance to,Stupid me!!
"And I am about to have an in-law too"I replied.
"Who?"He asked confused.
Hope this one doesn't have short term memory
"Ifeyinwa na,she said she likes you, remember??"I said those words with pain in my heart.
"Mtchwwww and so,if she likes me,that's her problem na,I don't like her"He hissed.
"Jace,haba na!!Pity for her"I said already diverting the topic.
"Let's be serious,so you like Tobi?"He asked straightforwardly.
The big question is finally here,I told you
"Yes"I replied avoiding his eyes.
"That's a lie and you know it,you can't even look me in the eyes and reply"He stated raising my face towards his.
I think he is angry
Ofcourse he will be angry
I know that!!
I raised my head up to look at him.

"You like him right??"He asked again.
"NO"I finally admitted.

I wasn't that kind of person who could lie straight into someone's face,it wasn't that easy.

I had to tell him the truth to relieve my conscience,besides this will be our first secret.

"So why did you kiss him?"He asked.

Enough with the questions!!

"I had to, Ifeyinwa said you were her crush and it would have been heartbreaking to her if I kissed you,You see my point!!"I stated the obvious.
"First of all,what you did shows you are a good friend, secondly,you did the right thing in the wrong manner"He remarked.
"So who do you like then?If is not Tobi"He asked.
Why is he asking the obvious??

"What is it with the questions?"I asked.
"No need to answer!I already know"He smirked.
"Now that you know,I actually like you but I don't love you,get the difference"I said.
"We will see about that"He winked at me and left.