50. Pain | درد

Kindly, Vote and Comment. Please:)

He was still immersed in his thoughts when the commotion from outside pulled him out with a jerk. Shooting up from the chair, he moved towards the door and opening it, followed the noise.

Ahid and Ayat along with some girl were banging on the door, chanting, "Open the door!"

"What's going on?" He asked in confusion.

"Aapi is not opening the door." The blonde girl answered. Her tear stricken face was completely morphed with dread as a few strands of her hair coming out of her roughly tied bun stuck to the sides of her face.

He was still confused as to who she was referring to when Ahid yelled. "Step aside. I'm breaking the door."

All three of them took a few steps back as Ahid threw his body on the door but in vain.

"What have you done, Safa?" Ayat cried, shaking Azlan from within.

His eyes trailed towards her slowly as his chest rose and fell heavily. As if in trance, they finally moved towards the door which Ahid was still trying to break open, and the next thing he knew he joined him, launching himself on the stubborn wall of wood. The only barrier between him and his life. In two attempts, the door finally came off its hinges, and the scene that welcomed them slipped the earth away from Azlan's feet as he felt weak on his knees.

Lying there on the floor with blood oozing out of her wrist, she was looking at him with almost closing eyes. Adrenaline flushed away from his body, the fright infusing in every cell. And in that moment, only one scene flashed across his dreadful eyes.

Even now, years after, he still remembered the harrowing events of that fateful night. That night when his brother was snatched away from him. He could still hear his pleas, begging that monster to leave his Irtiza alone in that chaos of horrifying shrieks. Sometimes at night he could still hear his brother crying for mercy followed by nothing but silence, the quietness of which turned his life into a never ending storm.

And right now, it was exact that moment. The only difference was that this time he could do something.

His eyes focused back on her. He couldn't move for a second as if all the strength had been snatched away from him. He felt too frail. But he had to stay strong. For her. He couldn't break down now. He had to save her – his life.

He had already lost Iritza. No way he was going to let life take her away from him, too! Not this time.

Feverishly, he dashed towards her lifeless body, and flopped down on his knees. He looked into her bloodshed eyes boring back at him. There was so much pain in them he wanted to lose himself in it. It was as if someone had ripped his heart open and cut it into two pieces, one of which was lying right in front of him.

They were two souls tied through the same knot of trauma.

He held her bleeding wrist in his trembling hand as the scalding drops of his tears fell on them transfusing with the blood.

"Can someone please get me a bandage?"

Waliya, who was knelt on the opposite side, rushed towards the drawer and discarding a first aid box out of it, extended it towards him.