54. Chance | موقع

Kindly, Vote and Comment <3

She was just one breath away from losing her sanity. Safa Hayat was going bonkers. What Raina had said didn't only shake her world, it also ended up leaving her hanging between what to do and what not to.

"My bhai has lost so many people in life."

What was that supposed to mean? His entire family was fit and healthy then why did she say he had lost people? Even if he did, wouldn't they link to his family as well? Then why did she take his name only? What was going on?

Too many questions. Zero answers.

And only one person in this world could give them and remove all her confusion. The person she was still not ready to come face to face with. Torn and perplexed, she sat down on the small couch situated by the window of her room as she looked out at the sky.

"What should I do?" She mouthed to someone unknown as she put her chin on her forearm placed on the headrest of the couch.

Whoever she had asked the question didn't take more than a few seconds to answer it as her phone chimed to live. Looking at the caller ID, a graceful smile pulled up on her lips as she answered the call.

"AsSalamuAlaikum, Ayat!" She greeted as she smoothed the creases on her shirt.

"WalaikumAsSalam, Safa. How are you?" The cheerful tone of hers made Safa grin.

"A lot better now." She assured.

"Alhamdulillah!" The reply came.

This was one thing she always adored about Ayat – how she was so attuned to endearments like Alhamdulillah, MashaAllah, SunhanAllah etc. She had lived with that woman for almost two weeks and never did she once see her not using them. She admired Ayat's faith in Almighty, because Allah knows she had never been strong in this arena. What with all the cruelties life had thrown towards her, she had never been able to make peace with the power above. But at least, she was trying and that is what mattes.

"Alhamdulillah!" She replied amidst her thoughts.

An awkward silence fell between the two for a minute when Ayat finally decided to break it.

"Safa, if you don't mind, can I ask you something?" She asked, a bit unsure.

"Of course, anything!"

"Did things sort out between you and Azlan?" She faltered in her words a bit and Safa's face turned serious as she straightened up.

Heaving a deep sigh, she bit her lower lip. "In all honesty, sometimes I do want to clear things out but I'm not sure if I'll be able to hear what he has to say. Right now, I'm mad at him but what if after listening to the truth, I break down? I don't wanna swim in regrets. It's too much for me." Her head lolled down as her voice wavered. "I know it's very selfish of me but I gotta protect myself. I've been through a lot. I don't think I can take any more of it."

"I can understand where you are coming from and it's only normal. But in your way of protection you can't snatch away his right of redemption."

The ocean of tears fought to keep the waves at bay as she looked up to keep them back in the cocoon of her eyes.

"He loves you a lot, Safa."