55. Conversation | گفتگو

Kindly, Vote and Comment. <3

tum kabhi jo aao tou, saath mil k bethengey

Kya se kya huey hain hum, ye tumhe batana hai

Roz meri hasti se rakh urti rehti hai

Kho diya jo tujh ko tou, aur kya gawana hai?

Often times we come across situations that require peace of our mind. We do not know what we're doing is either right or wrong, but we have to take a plunge. Because sometimes life doesn't give us any option; it just gives us one path. The only path. We don't have any idea if heading towards it will bring us destruction or salvation. We just have to tread on and see where it leads us.

This was exactly that moment.

Safa Hayat didn't know if she made the right call, but it was the only way. She had no idea whatsoever if this day would bring her heartbreak or peace. But one thing was confirmed. It was going to bring her truth. And when it comes to truth, it's better being heartbroken than living a beautiful lie.

Just a few minutes back she had received a text from Azlan. Apparently there was some strike going on – thanks to the amazing government of this country, so he wouldn't be able to reach on time. Waiting for him, she decided to take a stroll outside to kill time because God knows there was nothing that could calm her down right now.

Walking aimlessly, she didn't know when she crossed the thin bridge and came to the lake located on the outskirts of the valley. She had never come to this place before. It was so peaceful and quiet. Not eerily quiet. A serenity that takes you in its embrace and promises to do everything in its wake to soothe you. In that dark blanket of the night, she was a star waiting for the light to come and illuminate her.

Sitting down on a rock equivalent to almost a chair, she inhaled deeply to feel the fresh scent of trees around her. She had no intention of leaving this place any soon so she decided to wait for him here. Even though the area was completely secluded, she trusted him enough to know he wouldn't do anything inappropriate. She could hate him and blame him as much as she wanted to, but one thing was clear, he never did anything inappropriate to her even when he hated her so much. Azlan Shehryar was a man of principles and morals. That she knew.

Half an hour dragged by just like that as she sat there and devoured the beauty of the sky reflecting on the lake. She had already sent him her location. Her eyelids were drooping and she was almost about to fall asleep when a commotion from behind alerted her with a jolt. She didn't need to turn around to know who it was.

Something inside of her undid when she sensed him in the same vicinity as hers. She didn't want to turn her head and look at him. She wanted to run away and never look back. It was scary and exuberant at the same time. Her toes curled as her breaths hitched. How was she going to face him? Inviting him was a bad idea. She shouldn't have done it because right now she didn't have any strength to look him in the eyes. The eyes that held so much truth that day and had been haunting her ever since.

But what she did not know that the person standing behind her didn't feel anything different. He was even more scared than her. For her it was only a matter of listening. For him, it was a matter of life and death. Of acceptance. Of understanding him. Of trusting him. She had nothing at stake. He had his whole world at stake. She still had an edge to not believe him and go back. But for him, believing him was the only way to stay alive because if she didn't, he was going to die, and this time it would be impossible to come back to life again.