59. Fiasco | ناکامی

Don't forget to Vote and Comment <3

Safa enveloped her arms around Kashana Zanjani and gave her the warmest of hugs. "How are you now, Auntie?" She inquired, still glued to her. Kashana cupped her face.

Kashana's health had not been up to the mark for quite some years now. She was a BP patient and every now and then her blood pressure would get high, mainly due to the suffocating environment of their joint family.

"I'm better now." She said as Safa pulled away. "How are you?" She took a biscuit from the plate placed on the table in front of her. The late morning breeze was refreshing as they enjoyed their brunch sitting out in the lawn. Asmara was on duty.

"I'm good too." She said, genuinely.

"I can see that. You look better than the last we met. Something has changed. You look different. In a good way."

Safa beamed at her response. Kashan Zanjani had no idea whatsoever about the havoc Safa's life had been so this coming from her actually did feel good.

She hunched forward and scooped her cup of coffee. Her coffee intake had been reduced to a great extent now. She'd only drink two cups a day now. But drinking at night was strictly prohibited. Night was only reserved for sleep now. Not that her nightmares had stopped completely. She'd still get them, but not an onslaught of them like she used to before. Her mind wasn't on alert now all the time since the newly found feeling that she was experiencing was harboring their 24/7. With this positive emotion inscribed in her mind now, there wasn't much room for the negative ones to play the role. Hence, the nightmares had been reduced. And to say she was thankful for that would be an understatement.

"It's been so long since you last visited. I missed you." She leaned back on the chair and ran her hand on the perimeter of the cup.

It was true. She had quite a good rapport with Kashana since she had visited Asmara quite a few times before. She had always showered Safa with the same love she'd with Asmara. For her there was no difference between the two, and it warmed Safa's heart.

"I've missed you both, too." She smiled but then it faltered a bit, and soon it had completely vanished and a somber look took its place instead.

"What is it?" Safa's eyebrows knitted in both curiosity and fright. Putting the cup back on table, she clasped Kashana's hands.

"I'm not here for just a visit, Safa." She looked at her, her face was contorted into a mixture of both gloominess and hopelessness. Not helplessness though.

"Then?" Something told Safa she wasn't going to like the answer.

"Sadiq Bhai has finalized the date for Asmara and Umar's wedding."

The bomb was dropped with full force making Safa's heart go on an overdrive. She cursed under her breath, but contained herself the very next moment.

"When is it?" She asked, dreading the answer and she almost wished it never came. She knew how much Asmara despised Umar.

"In two weeks."

"Damn!" This time she couldn't contain herself. Kashana was completely unfazed by her reaction. It was very much reasonable.