53. Confusion | الجھاؤ

Kindly, Vote and Comment <3

The gloomy melody of Aadat instrumental reverberated throughout the premises of the palatial library room as his long fingers danced meticulously on the strings of the guitar, weaving the bone-chilling soprano, as if heart-ache was an old friend of his. Sitting at the corner of the room that exuded nothing but aesthete vibes, his one leg was outstretched while the other one bent up to hold the instrument in place, sleeves of the black T-shirt he had donned rolled up to elbows as they exposed his veined forearms. His hair was completely disheveled as few stubborn strands fell over his forehead magnificently, eyes bloodshed while his head was leaned backward, Adam's apple jutting out and eyes darting nowhere as the vision flashing across them didn't belong in the room he was in.

It only belonged to one human in this world. One human who despite being alive he couldn't hold.

He had always yearned to hold Irtiza in his embrace just one more time, but the fact that he wasn't alive anymore somehow gave him the contentment that it wasn't in his hands. But this woman, oh, this woman was all flesh and blood, right in front of him, but he was still too damn unlucky to devour her warmth.

It was almost funny how life had taken so much away from him to give him this luxurious life. This luxury that he could oh so easily give away in order to just have her with him, even for just one minute.

Even one minute would be enough for him if it meant him being in the same vicinity as hers. But what he didn't know, for that woman, even an entire life time would be less than a minute for him. That was the intensity with which Azlan Shehryar loved Safa Hayat.

"Bhai!"

"Azlan, bachey!"

It was Raina and Sameena's screeching voices that intermingled with the mellifluous tone spewing around but did nothing to interrupt the lost lover carving out his pain into a beautiful music. Indeed the best of songs are brewed from the saddest of hearts.

Finally the large mahogany door shot open and in entered the duo of his mother and sister. "You're finally back!" Both exclaimed in unison, their tones vividly exhausted as they had just come home.

His hands stopped as he craned his head towards them. Standing up, he put the guitar to the side. "Ya, just arrived an hour ago." He said as he hugged them both.

"Why didn't you call?" Sameena asked, lines of frown marking their territory on her forehead at his torn condition.

"I didn't want to disturb you guys." He let out tiredly. It was hard to even speak.

Both of them nodded without getting convinced even a bit.

"How's Safa?" Sameena asked with worry.

This is exactly what he didn't need right now – someone asking him about her. A shadow crossed his crestfallen eyes as he gulped heavily.

"A lot better." He uttered, much to his difficulty, as he wrapped either of his arms around the two ladies to both his sides and walked out of the room – an attempt to not let them see the emotions surfacing on his face.

"You have to take us to her now." Raina almost commanded as she grabbed his wrist falling over her shoulder.

They had been insisting on visiting the hospital ever since they had heard about the unfortunate incident but Azlan didn't let them come.