Chapter 8

Let Me Blow Ya Mind - Eve ft Gwen Stefani

TRIGGER WARNING

RAQUEL'S P.O.V

I woke up at around 6:15am. Today is my first day of school, lucky me.

I get up from bed and had a shower, once I finished, I decided to leave my braids down. I'm in love with them, Naomi did a great job.

I apply on some makeup, I fill in my eyebrows, I put on my false eyelashes, and apply some lip gloss.

I would have went for something a bit more baggy, but I felt like putting some effort in my outfit today

After getting ready, I made my way downstairs, while I drag myself down the endless stairs, I bump into Tira.

"Hey Tira." I wave to her.

We've been hanging around each other a lot more lately. She's the first friend I've made since I've moved to Italy.

"Hey Raquel, you look very.... Preppy!" The word "preppy" echoed in my head. I'm a lot of things, but "preppy" isn't one of them.

My face sinks.

"Did I say something wrong?" She asks innocently. I shoot her a glare, causing her to burst into laughter.

"You should have seen your face, no I'm kidding you look amazing ."

"You're lucky I like you or I would have punched you dead in the face. Anyways I need to have my breakfast then go to school."

"Alright, it definitely sucks to be you, heads up... Italian schools aren't for the weak, but I'll see you later."

"Babe, I'm going to make that school my bitch, but I'll see you later. Bye Tira." I waved her goodbye.

I walked downstairs to see my family eating breakfast.

I was greeted with many good mornings. I walk towards the table and leaned forward to choose my breakfast.

"So sis, are you excited for your first day of school?" Blake asks while taking a bite out of his toast. "Hell fucking no!" I reply.

"Language." Dad rolls his eyes and continues to scroll through his phone.

"Sorry Dad." I sit down and started eating my cereal. I didn't get too much. I wanted to eat an apple but that would be really suspicious.

Dad had astonishment plastered across his face. It was clear that he didn't want to make it a big deal, but I knew deep down he was ecstatic.

He really thinks that we're there yet, yeah no. I'm still suspicious but I need to play img and give him what he wants so my time here will be smoother.

After eating all my cereal, I look up to see a surprised look in Vin's face.

"What's wrong?"

"You actually ate all of your food. That's a first." I roll my eyes at him, I get up from the table and excuse myself to the bathroom.