Chapter 23

Kailee Morgue - Medusa

RAQUEL'S P.O.V

We pull up to a massive mansion, the mansion is as big as Andres' maybe even bigger.

We both get out of the car and walk over to the entrance. As I walk towards the door I look at Ace as he puts his arm over my shoulders.

Then he whispers softly in my ear "Just go with the flow." I nod as we walk in.

As soon as he closes the door a woman stomps her way down the humongous stair case and walks up to Ace and slaps him across his face.

She slapped him so loud that I think the whole house could hear it. Ok maybe this was a mistake. If I'm quiet then I can quickly leave and they won't notice.

"Don't you ever do that again or I will whoop your stupid ass!" She yells at him while pointing her finger in his face. Ace looks like he's shitting himself.

She then turns her attention to me. "Hello lovely, what's your name?" She says in a warm motherly voice. I think this woman is bipolar, one minute she's yelling next she is so nice.

I like her already.

"I'm Raquel. Nice to meet you...."

"Oh I'm Ace's mum but you can call me Katerina." She says as she looks at me with love. Which is slightly scary but at this point I'm too scared to leave.

"Anyway, no offence but what are you doing here at uhh 2 am in the morning with my son?" She says while tilting her head at me, analysing me.

"Ace said it was alright if I stayed the night but if that's not ok with you I will go." I state as I start to walk off.

"Sure you can love BUT I don't want any funny business or I will kill Ace." She says as she stops me from walking away.

"How come I'm the one who dies." Ace questions in a whiny voice. I laugh at his comment.

"I actually like Raquel, plus I want cute grandkids." She says as she walks back upstairs waving at us.

My cheeks become warm and Ace starts to blush. That made things awkward. We look at each other before bursts into laughter. He leads me into his room. He opens the door and we walk in. The room is very dark but relaxing to look at the same time.

 The room is very dark but relaxing to look at the same time

"Nice bedroom." I say as I sit down on his bed.

"Thank you." He says as he cleans up a little.

I look at my phone and see I have a message from a unknown number.

Unknown
Tick Tock Bitch.
Time is running out.
Enjoy what you have now.
Once it's gone, I fucking mean it.

- P

I start to gasp for air. Tears start to well up again. Ace turns to look at me and quickly holds my hands trying to calm me down.

"What's wrong Raquel? Look at me! Raquel calm down before you pass out." He says as he tries to calm me down but nothing is working. I feel my heart about to burst out of chest. All I can hear is my distinct heart beat and the faint voice of Ace.

Before he could be even do anything, I just burst into tears. I cover my face with my hands in shame. I've tried to hold it in, I've tried to keep it together for everyone but I can't anymore.

"When will it all end?!" I cry out.

"When will what end? Raquel what are you not telling me?" Ace asks in a panicked voice. He keeps trying to calm me down and make me open up but it isn't working.

I get up from the bed and force his hands off me. I walk to the balcony and climb onto the ledge. I wipe my tears as I sit down and take a drag of my cigarette. Ace walks towards me with concern and confusion.

Ace stands there in shock as he walks onto the balcony and sits next to me as I wipe my smudged mascara.

"I'm going to tell you something that I've never told anyone. Well not to this extent. Just shut the fuck up and listen, to the end. Once I'm done I'm going to walk back into the room and sleep. We won't speak of this conversation again." I mutter in a cold, heartless voice. Ace nods as I take a deep breath and start.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

I know this is a short chapter because the next one is going to be heavy.
Thanks for reading.
Please vote and share.